When you are the boss of a company, sometimes you will face your employees’ resignation. There are a lot of reasons why they resign from your place. Although it is not easy to face this situation, you need to handle it professionally with good manner. One thing you can do is writing an acceptance of resignation letter to your employees. This kind of letter does not only mean that you accept their resignation, but it is also a form of your gratitude towards their years of service. If you are still confused how to compose the letter, here are some ways to ease you.
How should I respond a resignation letter?
Receiving a resignation letter perhaps will surprise you, especially when it comes from a good employee. However, you still have to act professional. When employees tell you about their intention to resign verbally, you need to respond that you only accept a formal written resignation letter. After you get their resignation letter, you should respond it formally too by stating your acceptance in a business letter. The last thing is that you have to protect yourself. You should have a copy of your acceptance letter while you send the other one to your employees.
Why should I write this letter?
When your employees send you a resignation letter, it would be wiseful if you, as the employer, ensure their resignation letter by sending back an acceptance of resignation letter. The point of writing this letter is to confirm their resignation as they need to sign off on the resignation’s acceptance that you send. Besides, your employees also have to return some of office facilities they have such as keys, laptop, or ID badge.
Sometimes employees change their mind knowing if there is no confirmation from you. They might also think that you do not accept or reject their resignation. Or the worst thing might happen when they claim that it is a termination, so they will propose for unemployment. For all the reasons, you still need to write this acceptance letter as a formal confirmation of their resignation.
What are tips to write an acceptance letter?
There are several tips you can apply when you want to write an acceptance letter. First, you need to use appropriate format. This should be formal business letter format with professional language. Then, state your acceptance in the first sentence and the confirmation of employees’ effective date of resignation. You can also express your feelings such as appreciation and gratitude to their resignation but still in a professional way. After that, you need to direct them to arrange an exit interview. Give them a list of work facilitates they have to return. The last, you should write some positive words, future hopes, and understandings.
Acceptance of Resignation Letter Template
Writing an acceptance of resignation letter might be hard for you who is a newbie manager. Thus, we provide you a template that can be your inspiration.
Dear Mr. Tako
I am so regret to acknowledge and confirm your resignation letter on this December 30, 2020 as a manager in Business Analysis Department of Streetfood Industries, LLC. I do appreciate your loyalty over the past 7 years in this department. Your contributions to help this company has been incredible.
Please call Dora in the Human Resources Department to arrange an exit interview. It is preferably on your last day, January 11, 2021. At this day, you will have to return your office keys, any office files you keep, employee badge, and other office items. Your exit interview will be about your employee benefits, your insurance coverage, and your retirement package.
It has been a delight to work with you these 7 years. I am sure you are a good candidate in marketing. Please feel free to contact me by phone at (999)-555-7777 or email email@example.com if you need a personal reference for your new employer. I hope the best for your future.
Manager of Business Analysis Department
That is all the brief summary about writing an acceptance of resignation letter. We wish it will be meant to you.
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- School Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- What Is The Format of Stanford Acceptance Letter?
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Printable Resignation Letter
- Editable College Acceptance Letter And Example You Can Implement
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Teacher Retirement Letter And Its Example
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Excellent Example Of An Interview Acceptance Letter
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- University Acceptance Letter And The Sample
- Unsolicited Application Letter And The Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- How to Write An Interest in Job Letter and Its Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Customer Service Manager Job Description Helpful Info