Commercial Construction Schedule Template and How to Make It
Making a project plan with the schedule or timeline will involve creating a commercial construction schedule template. This is a kind of document showing the chronological sequence of the activities that will be done throughout the entire building process. In this article, we will discuss it further.
Uses of a Commercial Construction Schedule
Some examples of using a construction schedule template are such as:
- A timeline for activities in a particular event like a holiday trip or a wedding
- A timeline or schedule to monitor all family activities during a specified time period
- A renovation project for a homeowner
The Importance of a Commercial Construction Schedule
Having a commercial construction schedule is very important. You need to have it because of some reasons:
- It will give you an idea of the time the client will finish the project & whether it can be achieved. If you think that you will not be able to meet the deadline, you should propose or submit a different schedule to your client.
- Knowing your project schedule lets you estimate the initial costs namely the management & supervision and the running costs.
- You will be able to create early calculations that will let you see whether any adjustments required to be made. With the estimated budget & schedule, your client will have a better idea of the project & will likely approve your bid or proposal.
- You can also use a commercial construction schedule form to inform your client of responsibilities they should fulfill like if they need to give you information throughout the course of the project.
- It is also useful to predict the contractor’s cash flow.
- It can be a good way to open communication with your contractor.
How to Make a Commercial Construction Schedule
A PSD commercial construction schedule template can be made with different techniques:
- Using bar charts
The simplest way to make a schedule for a commercial construction is by using bar charts.
- The critical path method
This technique is not only more detailed but also more complexes. Here, you should list all the activities first. After that, come up with a whole network showing the relationship among all the activities. Then, you should create an assessment regarding the duration of each activity.
For the next step, you have to come up with a schedule. Next, you must establish the start & completion times of each activity. Lastly, you are required to make assessments regarding the resources needed for the project.
- Line of balance technique
This is a planning method for repetitive works. You just need to assign all the resources required for each activity, operation, & step.
- Q scheduling
This quantitative technique requires the quantities that should be executed in different locations will develop the elements of the schedule.
Tips in Making a Commercial Construction Schedule
In creating a schedule, you should understand the whole project first. Besides, ensure that you recognize the constraints coming with the project. Then, list the activities required to complete the project. Next, you can should make a sequence of the activities.
You must also decide what unit of time you will use, determine the duration of the activities, and know what is hoped on the completion date, determine the milestones, make a Gantt chart, and keep accountability in mind. Our commercial construction schedule template will help you a lot.
Commercial Construction Schedule Template Sample
- Commercial Construction Project Manager Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Construction Business Plan Template
- Construction Management Plan Template
- Project Outline Template
- Printable Timeline Template
- 10+ Commercial Invoice Template
- 10+ Printable Block Schedule Template
- 5+ Printable Change Requests Template
- Construction Superintendent Job Description; How to Manage Construction Project Properly
- Printable Schedule Template
- Construction Phase Plan Template
- 10+ Printable Baseball Schedule free psd template
- Printable Weekly Schedule Template
- 10+ Construction Resume Template
- Printable Daily To Do List
- Free Printable Estimate Forms
- Free Printable Cleaning Schedule
- 10+ Gantt Chart Template Free Download PSD
- 10+ Baby Schedule psd template free
- Project Plan Templates
- Construction Letterhead Template Free PSD
- Free Printable Contractor Bid Forms
- 5+ Printable Blank Timeline Template
- Sample Project Outline Template
- 10+ Artist Performance Contract Template
- Quantity Surveyor Job Description and the FAQ
- Training Outline Template to Ensure the Maximum Results
- Free Printable Daily Schedule Template
- Weekly Planner Printable
- Best Project Plan Template
- Printable Timesheet
- Best Daily Planner Template
- 5+ Comic Book Panel Template
- Construction Safety Plan Template
- Conference Project Plan Template
- Contractor Job Description and its FAQ
- Project Manager Job Description for detailed Duties and Qualifies
- 10+ Printable Casting Call psd template free
- Daily Planner Template Printable
- Printable Weekly Planner 2017
- 10+ Printable Change Order Template
- Printable Appointment Book
- Interior Designer Job Description Recruitment Template
- Sample Meeting Outline Template
- Construction Worker Job Description Great Ideas
- Change Management Plan Template
- Printable Class Schedule
- 10+ Class Schedule Customizable PSD Template
- Daily Schedule Free Printable
- Printable Planner Pages
- Construction Laborer Job Description: Doing Physically Tasks Well
- 10+ Automotive Repair Estimate Template
- 10+ Appointment Calendar Template
- 10+ Appointment Schedule Template
- Training Outline Templates
- Day Planner Template
- Blank Printable Chore Charts
- Research Project Proposal Outline Template and Items
- Excel Project Plan Template
- 10+ Field Trip Permission Slip Template