When you are applying to a job and got accepted, the employer usually arranges the time for the next step which is an interview. From this stage, you can have two options, either you prepare for the interview or you turn down the offer. As harsh as it sounds, rejecting the interview happens to some cases with many possible reasons. If you are in the position where you are accepted to the interviewstage but you could not make it, make sure to do it in a proper and polite way. One of the ways is to sending the decline interview letter to the employer.
What is a Decline Interview Letter?
A decline interview letter is a formal letter sent by the employee to employer to show that s/he could not attend the interview session. Basically, it is a letter to turn down the job offer that the employer has for you.
Reasons Why You Decline an Interview
There are a number of reasons why someone declines the interview with a company. When this happens, it is important to let the company knows that you are discontinue the hiring process rather than keep doing the interview but you cannot make it at the end.
Offer from Another Organization
This typical reason comes in first as many people are using it as the reason to decline the interview. It is not a bad reason after all, if you get two offers for the interview from the two different companies and the opportunities are so different, you should be honest.
It is not a Good Fit to You
You may do some research to the company along with your applying the job and sometimes you find out later that the company does not suit you. It can be from the company mission, the culture or maybe the opportunity given for your long-term career path.
How to Decline the Interview
There are several things to keep in mind. First, you need to let the company knows that you rejecting the interview politely. It can be by calling it personally to the company or sending the decline interview letter. Make sure you thank the company for the opportunity given to you. It is a small thing but you will be appreciated.
Writing a Decline Interview Letter
If you decide to write the decline interview letter, you need to be consice and straight to the point. Send the letter to the person who sends you the interview letter and explain the reason you decline the interview in a polite and professional way.
Dear Ms. Adinda,
I thank you for considering me as the sales position in Dream Big Company. I have heard many positive things about the company and the achivements that made the company become of the most prominent company in the industy.
It is regretable that I have to decline your offer for the interview. Although I believe that Dream Big Company is a great company for me, later after submitting the resume I was contacted by my previous company to extend the working contract to join as the Sales Assistant Manager. After carefully comtemplating about it, I decided that I will stay in the previous company.
I believe you will find a talented employee to fill in the position. Again, I appreciate the opportunity given to me and I wish the best for the company.
Here is the example of a decline interview letter that can be as the reference for you. Hopefully it helps and have a great career.
- Withdraw Application Letter You Can Implement With Example
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Vacation Leave Letter You Can Implement
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Solicited Application Letter and Sample
- Unemployment Overpayment Appeal Letter And The Sample
- The Best Example Of Apology Letter For Missing Interview
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Physician Retirement Letter And The Sample
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Office Manager Job Description: Learn to be a Good Manager
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Restaurant Manager Job Description; How to Run A Successful Restaurant
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter For Bad Grades With Example You Can Implement
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Senior Account Manager Job Description and Template
- Canvasser job description template
- Unsolicited Application Letter And The Sample
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Unique Sample Of Retirement Letter To Employer
- Internship Letter Of Interest And The Example
- Things You Must Know Before Writing An Endorsement Letter
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Sales Representative Job Description Detail that understandable
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Tips To Make An Apology Letter to Coworker
- Dentist Recommendation Letter And Its Sample