An agreement letter is usually made in the business industry between an employer and his or her employees. This letter contains some details about how the employees will give services and how much fee they will receive. After two parties agree with the arrangements, they will sign a fee agreement letter. This kind of letter is mostly used between a lawyer and his or her clients. To know more about this agreement letter, check the following explanation.
What is the difference between an agreement letter and a contract?
Perhaps you think that an agreement letter is the same as the contract. The fact is not. It may look similar, but an agreement is simpler. It is purely an understanding between the lawyer and his or her employers. There are also some details about what should the lawyer as the employee will do and how much fee they will be paid by the employer. Meanwhile, a contract is a particular agreement which contains several terms and conditions. A contract has power such as some consequences if the employees violate the rules. There is also an enforceable court.
What is the importance of writing a fee agreement letter?
Writing a fee agreement is important for both parties. As an employer, you need some points that explain what kind of services you will get from the employee. As the employee, you need a certainty about the cost that the employer promise to you. Thus, before signing the fee agreement letter, make sure that you have read all the details carefully and understood.
How should I write this letter?
If you are the lawyer who is hired by a client, you and your candidate client should compose an agreement letter. To start the letter, you can write a statement of your agreement to handle his or her case. After that, mention how much you want to be paid. Then, explain all of your scope of works. Remember that you also should arrange your client’s responsibilities. Don’t forget to include a termination detail, your name, your client’s name, and contact information for both of you. Add the date of the agreement and signs of both parties.
Fee Agreement Letter Template
Writing a fee agreement letter needs to be details and careful. Therefore, we provide an example to inspire you in writing the letter.
Dear Mrs. Anastasha,
After our discussion, I decided to agree to represent you concerning the divorce between you and your husband. Please kindly check the following fees and scope of work.
Salary: $7000 per month, which includes all online discussions, direct meetings, and adjudication appearances.
Extra hourly investigation: $600 per hour, no more than $2500 total per month
Scope of Work:
The firm of Jack and Jyll are going to deputize you in all proceedings during the adjudication, mediation, and court attendance concerning your divorce process. The aim of this adjudication is to make the separation between the client and her husband easier. The client’s goal is to obtain child custody. The adjudication expectedly will take three months.
To create all the necessary documents related to the divorce process. Any kind of requests for these documents from the firm has to be responded to in 24 hours. The client should be available a minimum twice of a month for a discussion about the case. The client also has to come to all adjudication and mediation meetings.
If the client gives a termination declaration, that month’s salary and all current investigation hours must be paid. All important papers related to this case, created by the firm, are going to be submitted to the client.
If you agree with all these terms, please sign and bring back this agreement in the next meeting.
Thomas Grey, Esq.
Jack and Jyll
I already have read and understood this fee agreement letter. I am willing to accept the terms.
January 31, 2020
That is all our explanation about a fee agreement letter and its template. You can take it as your inspiration in writing.
- Law Letterhead Free Template in PSD
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Lawyer Job Description; How to Be A Professional Civil Attorney
- Criminal Lawyer Job Description Template Ideas
- Convenient Tips to Write An Apology Letter for Being Late
- 10+ Artist Performance Contract Template
- How To Make An Effective Loan Agreement Letter
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Rental Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Free Printable Contractor Invoice
- Guide To Make A Child Custody Agreement Letter With Example
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- Free Printable Rental Agreement
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- 10+ Barter Agreement Template
- Printable Lease Agreement Form
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- 10+ Assignment Contract Template
- Request Promotion Letter And Its Sample
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Law Firm Marketing Plan Template
- Contract Specialist Job Description for 3 Main Offices
- Editable Payment Arrangement Agreement Letter
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord And Sample
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Corporate Lawyer Job Description for Law and Legal Firms
- How Is The Simplest Way To Write No Show Appointment Letter?
- Client Services Manager Job Description handles clients smartly
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- 10+ Artist Management Contract Template
- 10+ Artist Invoice Template
- Free Printable Lease Agreement
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- Client Services Coordinator Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Project Outline Template
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Printable Residential Rental Agreement
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Medical Leave Letter from Doctor and Sample
- Printable Renters Lease Agreement
- Free Printable Rental Agreement Forms