Big hospitals always have ICU rooms so they also must provide specific nurses. ICU nurse job description discusses the specific duties that are different from the general nurses. This part has heavier responsibilities because the patients are usually in critical or severe conditions. Does your hospital have followed the right or standard ICU nursing job duties, check again!
ICU Nurse Job Description Duties as 9 Responsibilities
The ordinary people may rarely know that the Intensive Care Unit is the abbreviation of ICU. So, they do not know that the ICU nurse job description is also different from the common nurses. What does it perform? The ICU nurse is special for giving care to the patients in the part of the intensive care unit. It works for hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
In general, their tasks are administering treatment, giving constant support during the recovery period, and evaluating the condition of the patients. Here, those duties break into 9 responsibilities such as below:
- Administering treatment while monitoring doses.
- Make effective care plans to implement.
- Providing care to the patients’ need during they treat in the ICU unit.
- Identify subtle or sudden changes in the medical condition of the patients.
- Respond to a medical emergency to get the appropriate doctors if necessary.
- Keep evaluating and monitoring the progress of the patients.
- Present regular updates to physicians, patients, and their family members.
- Finish all paperwork before transferring a patient to another unit.
- Maintain patient records.
ICU Nurse Job Description and 6 Requirements
The ICU nurse job description delivers a few requirements to fulfill by applicants. Generally, each hospital just asks for 6 qualifications for the candidate in the job advertisement. Nonetheless, some healthcare fields may add or substitute it according to their need. The standard rule just gives 6 requirements for the ICU nurse candidates such as below:
- It has graduated from the study in Nursing with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- However, it should have experience working as a critical care unit or ICU nurse at least for 5 years.
- The experience will strengthen their comprehension of health technology and health information structures.
- Available to work in the night shift or working 12 hours per day. On the other hand, it should always be willing to receive a sudden call every time.
- It needs excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate their sincere empathy.
- Willingness to work in an emotional and stressful environment.
Use the free-editing online template to make your ICU Nurse job description in a different style. The need for ICU nurses between your healthcare facility and others may be different. Therefore, customize this job desk. Good luck!
What is an ICU Nurse?
It is a privileged nurse that only work in the intensive care units. But, the knowledge and ability are more than the common nurse types.
What does ICU Nurse Liabilities?
The ICU Nurse liabilities cover 9 liabilities for evaluating, administering, and supporting patients. It does during the recovery time for the patients and the family members.
What do Healthcare Facilities emphasize obtaining a professional ICU Nurse?
Emphasize their skills and knowledge to treat patients with stable emotions. Get the real quality of your candidate through an interview section.
- Pediatric Nurse Job Description: Taking Care of Children Well
- Home Health Nurse Job Description: Giving Care to the Patients
- ER Nurse Job Description: Be Ready for Any Situation
- Nurse Practitioner Job Description: Serving the Best Treatment
- Dialysis Nurse Job Description; Taking Care of The Patients Who Suffer From Kidney Failure
- Patient Care Technician Job Description to work sincerely
- Healthcare Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Care Manager Job Description as a Healthcare Provider
- Charge Nurse Job Description for monitoring Staff and Patients
- CNA Job Description for Hospital, Clinic, and the related fields
- Surgical Nurse Job Description and Its FAQ
- ER Doctor Job Description: Learn the Valuable Position
- Trauma Nurse Job Description and how to make it impressive to apply
- Neonatal Nurse Job Description Informative Template
- Registered Nurse Job Description: Get Further Information
- Mental Healthcare Plan Templates
- Health Unit Coordinator Job Description for Healthcare Fields
- Occupation Therapist Job Description differs from Caregiver Job
- Labor and Delivery Nurse Job Description save Moms and Baby
- LPN Job Description, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Physical Therapist Job Description; Providing Physical Care For Injured Patients
- Behavior Technician Job Description Informative Template
- Dietary Aide Job Description to help Dietician and Cook
- Dialysis Technician Job Description Template Info
- Certified Medication Aide Job Description Useful Info
- Case Manager Job Description for various Clients and Healthcare
- Physical Therapy Aide Job Description shows vital Points
- Hospital Sitter Job Description Major Template
- Speech Pathologist Job Description: Providing Quality Care for Patients
- ED Tech Job Description; Assisting With Emergency Medical Operation
- Patient Care Plan Template
- Nursery Nurse Job Description Template Information
- EMT Job Description for Responding Patients Aid
- Care Plan Template
- Family Doctor Job Description: The Main Duties that Must Follow
- Doctor Job Description: Be an Excellent Doctor
- Medical Assistant Job Description reveals new Secret
- Hospital Strategic Plan Templates
- Medical Receptionist Job Description: Being Professional One
- Home Health Aide Job Description to hire and apply
- NICU Nurse Job Description; How to Take Care of A Premature Newborn Infant
- Certified Diabetes Educator Job Description and the FAQ
- Dentist Job Description for best Mouth and Teeth Care
- Veterinary Assistant Job Description 2020 to use effectively
- PCA Job Description and Its FAQ
- Chief Medical Officer Job Description: Manage the Clinical Processes
- Caregiver Job Description guides for hiring the Best
- Dental Assistant Job Description: Providing a Great Care
- Respiratory Therapist Job Description outlines new Facts
- Dermatologist Job Description: Treat the Patients’ Skin Health
- Dental Hygienist Job Description with detailed Duties to upgrade
- Chiropractic assistant job description template
- Internist Job Description handles and prevents Internal Illnesses
- Surgical Technologist Job Description: Giving the Best Help to Surgeons
- Behavior Therapist Job Description Editable Template
- Director of Nursing Job Description; Ensuring Nursing Personal to Perform Best Patient Care
- Mental Health Technician Job Description, Its Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs
- Health Care Plan Templates
- Medical Biller Job Description 2020 with more Detailed Information
- Healthcare Administrator Job Description Necessary Info