A Pega developer is a skilled software programmer. He/she designs and deploys enterprise apps on Pega PRPC. For your information, Pega means a unified business process management system developed on Java with OOP concepts. Now, let’s discuss the Pega developer job description further.
Pega Developer Job Description Template
We are hiring a Pega developer for our company. Here, a Pega developer deploys large-scale Pega projects. For example, he/she collates business analysis requirements, designs data models & frameworks, integrates web services, and develops BPM apps.
This Pega developer job description template will also discuss the requirements to be met. An ideal candidate must have knowledge of Pega class hierarchy, high-level project management skills, and experience with Java-based apps. Understanding the company’s needs is also required.
Pega Developer Job Responsibilities
A Pega developer is responsible for many tasks and duties. So, it is very important to know the detailed responsibilities. Below is a list that contains the Pega developer job responsibilities in detail:
- Meets with business managers to discuss the BPM app needs of the company
- Designs and develops Pega BPM apps
- Performs solution architecture in the Pega PRPC environment
- Designs app frameworks, data models, and class structures
- Coordinates with the project team to ensure that the business architecture matches the customer’s needs
- Integrates web services, legacy systems, and business databases
- Troubleshoots app problems, bottlenecks, and coding bugs
- Conducts system performance tests
- Maintains the security of all system apps
A company may give some other tasks and duties to its Pega developer. So, a Pega developer must be ready with other responsibilities possibly added and familiar with the duties mentioned in the list above.
Pega Developer Job Requirements
To be a Pega developer, we require you to meet some required qualifications related to degrees, experiences, knowledge, skills, etc. The detailed Pega developer job requirements are summarized in the list provided below:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Proven experience working as a Pega developer
- Advance knowledge of Pega PRPC
- Familiar with EJB, JSP, Java, XML, and J2EE
- Familiar with scrum & agile methodology
- Knowledge of coding languages such as Jquery, Java, and Angular JS
- Excellent skills in project management
- Able to troubleshoot complex software problems
Pega Developer Job Description FAQs
What does a Pega developer do in a company?
A Pega developer designs and deploys enterprise apps on Pega PRPC. He/she also deploys large-scale Pega projects. He/she collates business analysis requirements, designs data models & frameworks, integrates web services, and develops BPM apps, too.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. This Pega developer job description editable template can easily be customized to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a Pega developer?
Besides providing the Pega developer job description, we also provide some interview question samples for a Pega developer on this web.