After a long hectic and successful career, there comes the time of retirement for the physician. Before the retirement, physician has a list of things to do to such as checking and making arrangements for all the patients’ records and submitting the physician retirement letter, just like any other jobs. The physician retirement letter can be sent to anyone it may concern, either the employer, the colleagues or the patients. Here, we are going to focus on the retirement letter to patients.
When does Physician Retire?
Before going further, let’s take a look on the right time for a physician to retire. Aside from the research that have been conducted to see when was the average age for a physician to retire, the decision solely depends on each person. Some physicians retire earlier around early 60 years old while some others retire after 65 years old, even at age 70 years. Many factors affect the decision of a physician to retire such as the health and the financial. It varies from one physician to another.
The Prescriptions from the Retired Physician
There is a term of active-retired licensees for the physician. It means that the physician can still write a prescription even after they are retired but it is limited to the prescription for themselves and the family members. Providing prescriptions for the former patients is not allowed even though they have the active-retired license.
What is Written in Physician Retirement Letter for Patients
Usually, the letter will provide the information of the retirement date in the beginning, which is followed by the successor of the physician for the patients. The gratitude and the the information about the medical records are explained next. The letter ends with the contact number of the representative of the company or hospital if there would be any possible questions about the medical records.
Sample of Physician Retirement Letter
If a physician is retiring, they will tell the patients about the retirement and make sure the patients know all the information needed. Usually, the physician will provide the formal letter that is called as a physician retirement letter for the patients. Here is one sample of the retirement letter sent to the patient.
It is unfortunate that I am writing here to inform you about my retirement as a physician. It has been a wonderful journey to meet with each of you as my patients and I value every one of you. My last effective day in Pharmacy Clinic will be on October 31st , 2020. However, I will leave your in good hands of several physicians in this clinic. I suggest that you select one of the physician as soon as possible.
The information about your medical record will remain safe in the clinic medical records so you do not need to worry. Please contact the staff at 333-444-555-678 for further information about the physicians and discuss about the possibility to chance the physician as soon as possible. I would gladly help if you need any assistance.
I thank all of you for the cooperation we have all this time and the opportunity to be as your physician. I wish you the best and stay healthy.
Dr. Morris Johnson.
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- Thank You Retirement Letter And Its Sample
- Nurse Recommendation Letter and Sample
- How Is The Simplest Way To Write No Show Appointment Letter?
- Teacher Retirement Letter And Its Example
- Health Information Technology Job Description 2020 with 7 Duties
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- What Aspects To Include In Medical Assistant Recommendation Letter?
- Chief Medical Officer Job Description: Manage the Clinical Processes
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- The Best Way to Say Goodbye in Retirement Letter of Appreciation
- Internist Job Description handles and prevents Internal Illnesses
- Certified Medication Aide Job Description Useful Info
- Medical Assistant Job Description reveals new Secret
- Retirement Letter To Coworker And The Sample
- Unique Sample Of Retirement Letter To Employer
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- Pediatric Cardiologist Job Description handles all Kids well
- Pharmacy Technician Job Description dispenses Any Medication
- Sports Medicine Physician Job Description with Latest Information
- Health Unit Coordinator Job Description for Healthcare Fields
- Doctor Job Description: Be an Excellent Doctor
- ER Doctor Job Description: Learn the Valuable Position
- Making A Congratulations Letter On Your Retirement Letter To A Coworker
- Dental Clinic Letterhead Free PSD Template
- Medical Receptionist Job Description: Being Professional One
- Care Manager Job Description as a Healthcare Provider
- Healthcare Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Registered Nurse Job Description: Get Further Information
- Medical Biller Job Description 2020 with more Detailed Information
- CNA Job Description for Hospital, Clinic, and the related fields
- Medical Leave Letter from Doctor and Sample
- ICU Nurse Job Description for working with Empathy
- OB-GYN Job Description for handling Women’s Health
- Neurologist Job Description reveals the Privilege Duties
- Helpful Tips & Trick Of Maternity Leave Letter To Employer And The Example
- Medical Records Clerk Job Description guides to hire easily
- Family Doctor Job Description: The Main Duties that Must Follow
- Dental Receptionist Job Description Template
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Hematologist Job Description; How to Take Care Anemic Patients
- Hospital Sitter Job Description Major Template
- Ultrasound Technician Job Description: Become a Successful Sonographer
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- Medical Leave Letter From Doctor And Its Example
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Nurse Practitioner Job Description: Serving the Best Treatment
- Dermatologist Job Description: Treat the Patients’ Skin Health
- Missed Appointment Letter and Sample
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Trauma Nurse Job Description and how to make it impressive to apply
- Healthcare Administrator Job Description Necessary Info
- VA Appeal Letter, Tips And Its Sample
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Job Description Informative Template
- Medicare Appeal Letter And The Example
- Medical Courier Job Description Template Info
- Pharmacist Job Description for Retail and Hospice Pharmacy