Sample Body Outline to Help You Practice Drawing Figures
In most drawing classes or courses, forming a human body is one of the earliest assignments. Human figure provides complexities that have to be learned by the artist to capture other drawing subjects. You can begin your drawing practice journey by using these sample body outline forms. They are designed to help you learn and understand more about human proportions with the details such as head, limbs, torso, knees, etc. to try bringing your drawing to life.
Sample Body Outline Templates
To portray the wonders of the human body, you will need more than one drawing session. A living body, human or animal alike, has the most sophisticated structures. They come with numerous variations, in so many shapes and colors possible. Therefore, do not feel discouraged yet if you’re having trouble drawing a living body first, especially the human body.
You have to build the skill to draw the living body from the basic – as it does with another drawing process. Start with simple skeletons such as a stick or basic figure, then move to the muscle structure, then finally body and face parts in detail. The essential part to grasp is the proportion. Get yourself familiar with the basic proportion figure at the sample body outline templates here, that contain conventional proportion as well as diverse proportion that depends on gender, age, or ethnic background.
Sample Body Outline Elements
Despite all the variations, there are some rules of a well-proportioned figure. Use them as your foundations for proportions. The elements of basic figures are including:
- Head: the typical ideal measurement for proportion is eight heads for the height as the best model to starts with.
- Pelvis: the rough measurement for pelvic proportion is about 1.5 to 2 times the head widths. Now connect the head and pelvis by drawing the spine alignments.
- Legs and knees: the basic sample body outline will feature a standing figure, that has the feet aligned with the hip vertically. Thus, the knee joints should align with the bottom part of knee caps.
- Ribcage: after head and pelvis, ribcage volume is the third important portion of the body. It is better not to attach ribcage and torso because it is where the human movement happened.
- Shoulders: the width of the shoulder is measured about 2 to 3 times the width of the head. It is drawn with slightly curved down but a bit tensed up when in tension.
- Arms, wrists, and hands: wrists are drawn slightly below the hip, and the fingers should end about the mid-thigh length.
Standard Sample Body Outline
It is common to outline the body from the head, but it is doesn’t matter where you started. Start wherever you feel comfortable and confident about the result. Since the body is drawn to be basic, you can freely add any details you want to the outline.
Free Sample Body Outline
These sample body outline templates are a good tool to use if you are currently studying and familiarize yourself with the basic outline of a figure. You may use them for daily practice as you can download any of them for free.
- Sample Human Body Outline Template for the Learning Media to Draw
- Various Designs and Styles of Body Outline Template
- The Sample Research Online and Its Templates
- Sample Proposal Outline Template
- Human Body Template
- Sample Lesson Plan Outline Template
- The Sample Book Outline Templates as References
- Sample Presentation Outline Template
- Sample Blank Outline Template for Creating Document or Project
- Sample Course Outline Template
- Sample Persuasive Speech Outline Template as a Speech Delivery Aid
- Sample Essay Outline Template to Help Create a Better Academic Paper
- Sample Literature Review Outline Template for Proper Writing Construction
- Sample Report Outline Template
- Essay Outline Templates and the Examples
- Training Course Outline Template
- Script Outline Templates in PDF and More Formats
- Outline Template Sample Example
- Various Free Sample Biography Outline Documents
- Sample Sermon Outline Template
- Sample Dissertation Outline Template
- Basic Outline Template
- Sample Screenplay Outline Template
- Character Outline Templates
- Novel Outline Template
- Resume Outline Template Sample
- Sample Program Outline Template
- Topic Proposal Outline Templates
- Sample Meeting Outline Template
- Sample Business Plan Outline Template
- Informal Outline Template
- Speech Outline Templates
- How to Make the Proper Speech Outline Template
- General Essay Outline Template
- Program Outline Template Sample
- Sample Project Outline Template
- Training Outline Template to Ensure the Maximum Results
- Informative Speech Outline Templates
- Academic Thesis Outline Templates
- Sample Resume Outline Template and Other Resume Samples for Specific Purposes
- Research Paper Outline Templates
- Paper Outline Template
- Marketing Plan Outline Template
- Formal Outline Templates for Writing and Speech
- Story Outline Templates in Deciding What to Write
- Training Course Outline Template
- Printable Baseball Scorebook
- Outline Templates
- Sample Novel Outline Template
- Printable Tree Templates
- Outline Templates in Apple Pages
- Persuasive Speech Outline Template Sample
- Family Tree Outline Templates PDF
- Sample Autobiography Outline Template Tips, Writing Process, and Designs
- Sermon Outline Template for Reference and Guide
- 4+ Lesson Plan Free Template in PSD
- Printable Exercises
- Research Paper Outline Template
- Essay Proposal Outline Template Free PDF
- Free Outline Example and Templates