An Executive Pastor’s job description outlines the responsibility within a church to achieve its mission and vision. This template guides how to lead as well as supervise church staff. Use this church Executive Pastor’s job description to know more and learn it. Feel free to adapt and customize it.
10 Executive Pastor Job Description Duties and Responsibilities in 2020
The definition of an Executive Pastor is a church staff overseeing several church operations. It includes finances, administration, strategic planning, and human resources. That oversight is to achieve its vision and mission. Meanwhile, the Executive Pastor itself leads while overseeing church staff like deacons, preachers, and elders.
Anyway, those responsibilities break into 10 duties in the following Executive Pastor job description:
- Oversee church operations.
- Leads, supervise, as well as having regular meetings along with the staff.
- Guide and improve interactions among the pastors, elders, senior pastor, deacons, and other staff members.
- Collaborate with elders that regard ministry administration and the senior pastor. The collaboration is to implement of the church mission and vision.
- Oversee the operation of human resources. It does by collaborating with dismiss staff, senior pastor to hire, transition, and reposition.
- Creating an annual budget.
- Supervise the operations of fundraising, financial, and budget.
- Assist staff with managing ministry budgets.
- Manage social media accounts and other kinds of communications.
- Create, implement and review the church procedures and policies. It is for ensuring the effectiveness of church operations.
11 Requirements on Executive Pastor Job Description 2020
According to the Executive Pastor’s job description, you can hire it using 11 requirements. It consists of:
- It has evident Jesus Christ’s relationship.
- Graduate from a master’s of Divinity degree.
- The experience in relevant ministry is at least 5+ years.
- Proficient with social media, FellowshipOne, MS Office Suites, and QuickBooks.
- Spiritually mature.
- Demonstrate leadership skills according to the Bible.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Team player.
- Proficient multi-tasking skills.
Bonus: Executive Pastor Questions for Interview
There are 5 questions that you can ask the candidate during the interview test. You can start from:
- Ask about the religion whether a Christian or not.
- Knowing how to effectively resolve problematic staff members. Usually, they are gossipmongers, bullies, and liars?
- Ask about the proficiency within managing the church’s finances effectively.
- You should ask about the way to lead the team to handle the divisive congregation members.
- Lastly, ask about the effectiveness of using Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to a church’s benefit.
Well, arrange your interview questions with your own language and add it if you feel necessary. The most important thing the executive pastor job description has explained all in detail. Feel free to undertake anything to gain a more specific job desk that is appropriate to your church. Thank you for reading. Good luck!
- What is an Executive Pastor?
An Executive Pastor works in a church for overseeing the church operations. The overseeing includes several duties like leading the member staff and resolving some problems.
- How do edit the Template?
This template still allows customizing because it is the standard duties and requirements. Meanwhile, each church has different policies, regulations, and necessary. Feel free to customize it.
- How do interview the Executive Pastor Candidates?
Hold on 5 vital questions if you want to get new executive staff with professional skills.
- Youth Pastor Job Description: Check the Main Responsibilities
- Executive Chef Job Description for Kitchen Daily Operations
- Business Operations Manager Job Description as C-Level Executive
- Shift Leader Job Description for Store Operation oversight
- Senior Account Manager Job Description and Template
- Personal Executive Assistant Job Description
- CEO Job Description Desks And Tasks
- Director of Operations Job Description Template
- President Job Description: Learn to be a Good Leader
- Senior .Net Developer Job Description and FAQs
- Team Leader Job Description more than Lead a Team
- CTO Job Description for Executive Technology Decisions
- Back Office Executive Job Description and its FAQ
- Operations Coordinator Job Description, Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs
- Executive Director Job Description to learn it more
- Senior Financial Analyst Job Description Useful Template
- Account Executive Job Description Necessary Infomation
- Assistant Property Manager Job Description and 5 Vital Questions
- Corporate Trainer Job Description leads from Initial
- Administrative Manager Job Description: Be a Professional Supervisor
- Church Strategic Plan Template
- General Managers Job Description and 4 Vital Competencies
- Advertising Manager Job Description: Manage Everything to Promote
- Sermon Outline Template for Reference and Guide
- Progressive Claims Adjuster Trainee Job Description Template Info
- Managing Partner Job Description and Its Required Skills, Experience, etc
- Business Manager Job Description Sample Template
- Chief Administrative Officer Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Warehouse Supervisor Job Description Example
- School Psychologist Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Free Church Forms Printable
- Flight Attendant Job Description for serving Passenger
- Operations Administrator Job Description and Its Detailed Requirements
- Executive Producer Job Description: Learn to be a Producer
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description Detailed Template
- Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Church Outreach Plan Template
- Sample Sermon Outline Template
- Executive Assistant Job Description outlines 15 Duties
- Executive Secretary Job Description: Manage Everything Effectively
- COO Job Description asks for Business Administration Graduation
- Dentist Job Description for best Mouth and Teeth Care
- Call Center Manager Job Description for best Customer Service
- Church Custodian Job Description: Learn the Responsibilities
- Logistics Coordinator Job Description with 2 Main Duties
- Managing Director Job Description Career Information
- Heavy Equipment Operation Job Description with effective quality
- Fitness Director Job Description: Checking the Fitness Operations
- Restaurant Manager Job Description; How to Run A Successful Restaurant
- Catering Coordinator Job Description guides you effectively
- Computer Engineer Job Description just focuses on PC
- Warehouse Manager Job Description and its FAQ template
- Construction Superintendent Job Description; How to Manage Construction Project Properly
- Director of Administration Job Description for overseeing Manager
- Restaurant General Manager Job Description and its FAQs
- Client Services Manager Job Description handles clients smartly
- Vice President Job Description and 10 Assisting Duties
- Movie Producer Job Description oversees a Film making process
- Administrative Services Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Mail Handler Job Description for Welcome New Staff