An overnight stocker is working for a retail store to restock all shelves and make sure that all items are well-labeled with prices. Of course, he or she must work overnight or the outside of the opening hour to do his tasks. For your additional information, the overnight stocker job description may also include arranging and displaying the items neatly. Usually, an overnight stocker will possess the overnight stocker job description template to guide to do his job.
Overnight Stocker Job Description Information
We are searching for a person to work as an overnight stocker in our store and do all the overnight stocker job description duties well. The candidates must be hard-working and pay attention to detail since one of their tasks will be labeling prices. Plus, they need to be available to work overnight.
Overnight Stocker Job Responsibilities
To work as a good overnight stocker, you must do all the responsibilities of the overnight stocker job description. They are:
- Restock and arrange items and products on shelves neatly and tidily
- Create special displays for promotional or discount items
- Read and update inventory reports
- Label all items in detail with the correct prices
- Report damaged items as well as merchandise to the responsible managers
- Separate the products close to the expired date to the discount shelves
- Get rid of the expired items and make a report about it
Overnight Stocker Job Qualifications
If you would like to work as an overnight stocker, you must meet the qualifications of the overnight stocker job description, including:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experienced as an overnight stocker before (min. 1 year) (preferred)
- Good knowledge of retail
- Possess healthy, high stamina (necessary)
- Have a great physical fitness
- Excellent teamwork and leadership
- Great communication (verbal and written one)
- Pay attention to details
- Great understanding of label scanners and inventory software (preferred)
- Great interpersonal skills
Overnight Stocker FAQ
What is an Overnight Stocker?
An overnight stocker becomes the person who will take the responsibility of labeling prices to all the items and products offered. He must be the one who works overnight before the store is opened. He manages to create a neat item display in shelves. Mostly, an overnight stocker must be communicative since he is the one who reports all damaged items or merchandise to the subordinate.
What Should You Include in an Overnight Stocker Job Vacancy?
If you are about to post an overnight stocker job vacancy, you need to inform the applicants about all the qualifications and responsibilities as well. Do not forget to mention the ability to work overnight since it is an overnight stocker. Plus, make sure the applicants are healthy and have great stamina. Remember, they will work overtime to arrange the items, label them with correct prices, and separated them into suitable shelves.
Do You Need to Interview Applicants for Overnight Stockers?
Working as an overnight stocker must be though; you will not only suppose to be strong but also pay attention to detail. Once you label the products with wrong prices, it might affect the store (give a loss). Therefore, you need to interview the applicants and see whether or not they match the qualifications directly.
Finally, this overnight stocker job information may be useful info for you who are about to use it to post a job vacancy.