As its name, the swimming coach will teach and train both children and adults to swim. Based on the swimming coach job description, a person in this position will have a complete task to be done, including teaching about the breathing techniques, swimming speed, and others. A swimming coach can be applied by the swimming club, school, community center, or colleges.
Swimming Coach Job Description Templates
The skills of the swimming coach will influence the training results. That is why only the motivated and skillful swimming coach will be hired by the department. That is reasonable because the swimming coach is also pushed to be able to educate the swimmers about kinds of swimming techniques.
For the recruiter, to find the excellent swimming coach, of course, they need to be selective in doing the recruitment process. The recruiter can use the job description template of the swimming coach to help them arranging the material of the recruitment.
Something to be known, the template of the swimming coach job description provides basic information and the scheme about what to be qualified in recruiting a new swimming coach. Of course, from the basic scheme, the recruiter can get more inspiration there.
On another hand, using the template is also useful. You –as the recruiter, do not need to make a recruitment document from a blank paper. All you need to do here is only personalizing detailed information and change it based on the standard that you want.
Swimming Coach Responsibilities
Teaching the student about swimming becomes the main responsibility of the swimming coach. However, the selected swimming coach will face some other responsibilities in handling their roles. Some responsibilities of the swimming coach to be known by the candidates who are joining the recruitment process are:
- Scouting swimmers and preparing the teams and individuals to swim meets
- Ensuring that the training area, especially the pools, are clean, free from hazards, and well-maintained
- Teaching some special skills of swimming such as kicks, flips, body rolls, floating, and the control of breath
- Setting the goals of the training and the objective of the teams based on the ability of them
- Recording the training sessions to analyze the process and find better strategies to be applied
- Using the range of activities to improve water confidence
- Educating the swimmers on water safety
- Teaching the brand new swimming strokes and styles
- Developing and implementing the training programs
- Determining the skills and ability level before setting up the programs of the training
Swimming Coach Requirements
To be the selected swimming coach, of course, the candidate needs to fill some asked requirements. The requirements itself become the tool to determine the competency of the candidate.
Well, some requirements that can be added inside the recruitment documents are:
- High school diploma
- Completed courses in swimming instruction
- Relevant license for the accredited department
- Great lifesaving skills
- Ability to determine the swimming level
- Ability to analyze the technique of swimming
- Strong management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good knowledge about nutrition and health
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Superb interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude
To make the recruitment document, you can find the templates of the swimming coach job description on this page. All templates are free to download and it is editable.