The transcriber works for many industries and departments. They can be freelance or full-time employees. Based on the transcriber job description, a person in this position will listen to kinds of audio or video and then create the written version of it. Sometimes, a transcriber is needed by the legal or the medical field. Then, they will use various software to run their tasks.
Transcriber Job Description Templates
The department will try to hire a detail-oriented transcriber to join. Well, only the talented transcriber that will get a new position and trust from the department. It is quite reasonable because making transcribes needs carefulness, so only those who have capabilities that can handle it.
Of course, since the important roles of a transcriber, for the recruiter, doing selective recruitment becomes a must-to-do thing. Here, to ease them in making the recruitment document, a recruiter can use the job description template of the transcriber.
Using a template is quite useful to be applied. The template will provide a default scheme of the job description, so they do not need to make it from a blank document. On another hand, the template also can be a reference, so making a recruitment document can be finished quickly.
Making a transcribe becomes the main responsibility of the transcriber. However, a selected candidate of the transcriber will face some other responsibilities in handling their roles. Some responsibilities to be faced by the selected transcriber after the recruitment process are:
- Understanding the specification of clients and notating the request to complete the transcription
- Completing the transcription promptly
- Reviewing the drafts for grammar, spelling, formatting errors, and others
- Adhering to all confidential guidelines
- Respecting the sensitive information
- Keeping the transcription software updates abreast
- Attending the refresher workshops as it is required
- Communicating with the supervisor and clients
- Submitting the completed draft to the clients
- Correcting any error as per their feedback
- Keeping the typing skills sharp by completing the regular drills
To be the selected transcriber in the recruitment process, a candidate needs to fill some asked requirements. The requirements here become the tool to measure the competency of the candidate. Of course, those who pass the requirements will be competent transcriber to work with the department.
Some asked requirements to be filled by a candidate are:
- High school diploma
- Additional courses of the related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other related software
- A good typing speed and great reading skills
- A high degree of professionalism
- Great work ethic
- Ability to focus for long periods
- Willingness to work overtime when it is required
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
What are the main duties of the transcriber?
Making the transcribe becomes the main duty of the transcriber. However, a person in this position also needs to make a clear report of every job that they handle.
Can I edit the job description template of the transcriber?
Yes, you can. All templates of the transcriber job description here are editable. You can personalize detailed information inside the template by getting the files. Click the download button to get the files and then personalize it.