What do you want to know about the truck driver job description? Yes, you certainly need some information about the responsibilities and requirements, right? In this matter, you can see the explanation of the truck driver job description for the resume below.
5 Most Important Responsibilities of Truck Driver Job Description
Like other jobs, a truck driver also has some responsibilities to do well. Here they are.
- Deliver goods to the customers
First, truck drivers should always be ready to deliver goods to their customers. They should do it even though they have to drive long distances.
- Load and unload cargo
The second responsibility of the truck driver job description is loading and unloading cargo. They should load cargo before delivering it. When they have arrived at the customers’ place, they should unload it.
- Record cargo delivery
To make sure that they deliver all goods completely, the truck drivers have to record every cargo delivery.
- Refuel and clean the vehicle
Fourth, they should refuel the vehicle when the gasoline almost runs out. It can assure that the vehicle will drive the drivers to the location they go to. Then, the truck driver should always clean the vehicle to make it interesting to see.
- Follow traffic laws
On the way of delivering goods to the customer, the truck drivers should always follow the traffic laws. They should do it to avoid getting traffic laws issues.
The Requirements of Truck Driver Job Description
If you want to be a truck driver, you should have the following requirements. Let’s check them out.
- Commercial driver license
First, you should have a commercial driver’s license. It can also be a class A CDL.
- Current TWIC Card
TWIC card is also necessary to have if you want to apply for this job. So, make sure you own the current TWIC card before applying.
- Passing drug and alcohol test
A drug and alcohol use is not recommended for a truck driver. So, if you want to get this position, make sure you do not consume any drug or alcohol and pass the test.
- Having a clean driving record
To have a clean driving record can be the favorite candidate to get this position.
- Providing the current MVR
The next requirement of truck driver job description you should do is to provide your current MVR. If you cannot do it, you maybe fail to get this job.
- Providing a medical certificate
A healthy driver is recommended to deliver goods to the customers. So, if you want to apply for a truck driver position, you should provide your medical certificate.
- High school diploma
Last, a requirement you should have is a high school diploma. Without this requirement, you will never get this job.
What is a truck driver?
A truck driver is someone whose job is to transport or deliver goods to the right place.
What are the responsibilities of a truck driver?
A truck driver should deliver goods, load and unload cargo, record the cargo delivery, and maintain the vehicle well.
What should the companies include in their truck driver job advertisement?
When certain companies advertise a truck driver’s job, they should provide clear details. It is important to make the applicants understand both the expectations and duties of their business.
Well, that is all you can learn about the truck driver job description. Hopefully, it can increase your understanding of this job description.
- Delivery Driver Job Description: Learn a Helpful Position
- Dump Truck Driver Job Description Helpful Template
- School Bus Driver Job Description shows the Special Sides
- Owner Operator Job Description for Unique Job System
- Pizza Delivery Driver Job Description with Fun duties
- Chauffeur Job Description: Being a Professional Personal Driver
- Tow Truck Operator Job Description and Its FAQ
- Car Detailer Job Description: Get Closer to a Car Detailer
- Ramp Agent Job Description for Aircraft’s Crew
- Warehouse Worker Job Description Template Information
- Valet Job Description: Parking the Guests’ Car Carefully
- Shuttle Bus Driver Job Description and Its FAQ
- Daily Route Planner Template
- Package Handler Job Description outlines a few Duties
- Medical Courier Job Description Template Info
- Longshoreman Job Description and its FAQ
- Fleet Manager Job Description for Transportation Industry
- Lot Attendant Job Description for 20 years old and more
- Sales Associate Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Key Holder Job Description: Two Main Lists You Have to Know
- Waitress Job Description: Providing Any Meals Properly
- Fulfillment Associate Job Description Template For Employment
- Forklift Operator Job Description 2020 with Interview Queries
- Construction Laborer Job Description: Doing Physically Tasks Well
- Freight Broker Job Description for Safety Good Shipment
- Food Truck Business Plan Templates
- Free Printable Texas Bill Of Sale Form
- Medical Representative Job Description: Promote the Medications Well
- Auto Mechanic Job Description 2020 for 3 Main Duties
- Store Manager Job Description: Make Stores Run Smoothly
- Dog Walker Job Description: Be Responsible with the Clients’ Dogs
- Pet Sitter Job Description: Giving Well Care to the Pets
- Merchandise Associate Job Description: Manage the Store Front Well
- Housekeeper Job Description: Know More the Duties Must Do
- Food Truck Menu Template Free PSD
- Driving Instructor Job Description for All Manner Vehicles Course
- Blogger Job description: Let’s be a Blogger
- Caseworker Job Description: A Helpful Position for Disadvantaged Families
- Sanitation Worker Job Description to save the Earth
- Food Service Worker Job Description: Give the Best Service for Buyers
- Toll Collector Job Description and FAQs
- Printable License Plate Template
- Welder Helper Job Description: Support the Welders Properly
- Registered Nurse Job Description: Get Further Information
- Server Job Description for Restaurants and other Service Businesses
- Dental Assistant Job Description: Providing a Great Care
- Flagger Job Description and Its FAQ
- Assistant Manager Job Description: Duties and Obligations You Can Know
- Dishwasher Job Description for Culinary Business
- Pest Control Technician Job Description and its FAQ
- Public Safety Officer Job Description and FAQs
- Executive Secretary Job Description: Manage Everything Effectively
- ER Nurse Job Description: Be Ready for Any Situation
- Phlebotomist Job Description: Understand the Responsibilities
- Fast-Food Job Description demonstrates Complex Duties
- Salesperson Job Description and the FAQ
- Bar Back Job Description: Doing the Duties Well
- Police Officer Job Description to protect Nation and Community
- Gardener Job Description: Maintain the Garden Completely
- Blank Printable Bill Of Sale