What do you want to know about the truck driver job description? Yes, you certainly need some information about the responsibilities and requirements, right? In this matter, you can see the explanation of the truck driver job description for the resume below.
5 Most Important Responsibilities of Truck Driver Job Description
Like other jobs, a truck driver also has some responsibilities to do well. Here they are.
- Deliver goods to the customers
First, truck drivers should always be ready to deliver goods to their customers. They should do it even though they have to drive long distances.
- Load and unload cargo
The second responsibility of the truck driver job description is loading and unloading cargo. They should load cargo before delivering it. When they have arrived at the customers’ place, they should unload it.
- Record cargo delivery
To make sure that they deliver all goods completely, the truck drivers have to record every cargo delivery.
- Refuel and clean the vehicle
Fourth, they should refuel the vehicle when the gasoline almost runs out. It can assure that the vehicle will drive the drivers to the location they go to. Then, the truck driver should always clean the vehicle to make it interesting to see.
- Follow traffic laws
On the way of delivering goods to the customer, the truck drivers should always follow the traffic laws. They should do it to avoid getting traffic laws issues.
The Requirements of Truck Driver Job Description
If you want to be a truck driver, you should have the following requirements. Let’s check them out.
- Commercial driver license
First, you should have a commercial driver’s license. It can also be a class A CDL.
- Current TWIC Card
TWIC card is also necessary to have if you want to apply for this job. So, make sure you own the current TWIC card before applying.
- Passing drug and alcohol test
A drug and alcohol use is not recommended for a truck driver. So, if you want to get this position, make sure you do not consume any drug or alcohol and pass the test.
- Having a clean driving record
To have a clean driving record can be the favorite candidate to get this position.
- Providing the current MVR
The next requirement of truck driver job description you should do is to provide your current MVR. If you cannot do it, you maybe fail to get this job.
- Providing a medical certificate
A healthy driver is recommended to deliver goods to the customers. So, if you want to apply for a truck driver position, you should provide your medical certificate.
- High school diploma
Last, a requirement you should have is a high school diploma. Without this requirement, you will never get this job.
What is a truck driver?
A truck driver is someone whose job is to transport or deliver goods to the right place.
What are the responsibilities of a truck driver?
A truck driver should deliver goods, load and unload cargo, record the cargo delivery, and maintain the vehicle well.
What should the companies include in their truck driver job advertisement?
When certain companies advertise a truck driver’s job, they should provide clear details. It is important to make the applicants understand both the expectations and duties of their business.
Well, that is all you can learn about the truck driver job description. Hopefully, it can increase your understanding of this job description.
- Delivery Driver Job Description: Learn a Helpful Position
- 8+ Truck Driver Resumes
- Dump Truck Driver Job Description Helpful Template
- School Bus Driver Job Description shows the Special Sides
- Pizza Delivery Driver Job Description with Fun duties
- Owner Operator Job Description for Unique Job System
- Chauffeur Job Description: Being a Professional Personal Driver
- 5+ Driver Resume Templates
- Tow Truck Operator Job Description and Its FAQ
- Car Detailer Job Description: Get Closer to a Car Detailer
- Ramp Agent Job Description for Aircraft’s Crew
- Warehouse Worker Job Description Template Information
- Valet Job Description: Parking the Guests’ Car Carefully
- Shuttle Bus Driver Job Description and Its FAQ
- Daily Route Planner Template
- Package Handler Job Description outlines a few Duties
- Medical Courier Job Description Template Info
- 10+ Printable Car Sale Agreement Template
- Fleet Manager Job Description for Transportation Industry
- Longshoreman Job Description and its FAQ
- Lot Attendant Job Description for 20 years old and more
- Food Truck Business Plan Templates
- Construction Laborer Job Description: Doing Physically Tasks Well
- Forklift Operator Job Description 2020 with Interview Queries
- Fulfillment Associate Job Description Template For Employment
- Sales Associate Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Free Printable Texas Bill Of Sale Form
- Waitress Job Description: Providing Any Meals Properly
- Freight Broker Job Description for Safety Good Shipment
- Key Holder Job Description: Two Main Lists You Have to Know
- Auto Mechanic Job Description 2020 for 3 Main Duties
- Medical Representative Job Description: Promote the Medications Well
- Store Manager Job Description: Make Stores Run Smoothly
- Pet Sitter Job Description: Giving Well Care to the Pets
- Dog Walker Job Description: Be Responsible with the Clients’ Dogs
- Food Truck Menu Template Free PSD
- Merchandise Associate Job Description: Manage the Store Front Well
- Housekeeper Job Description: Know More the Duties Must Do
- Printable License Plate Template
- Driving Instructor Job Description for All Manner Vehicles Course
- Blogger Job description: Let’s be a Blogger
- Sanitation Worker Job Description to save the Earth
- Registered Nurse Job Description: Get Further Information
- Flagger Job Description and Its FAQ
- Dental Assistant Job Description: Providing a Great Care
- Caseworker Job Description: A Helpful Position for Disadvantaged Families
- Food Service Worker Job Description: Give the Best Service for Buyers
- Server Job Description for Restaurants and other Service Businesses
- Welder Helper Job Description: Support the Welders Properly
- Toll Collector Job Description and FAQs
- Dishwasher Job Description for Culinary Business
- Public Safety Officer Job Description and FAQs
- Air Traffic Controller Job Description saves Passengers properly
- Assistant Manager Job Description: Duties and Obligations You Can Know
- Pest Control Technician Job Description and its FAQ
- Fast-Food Job Description demonstrates Complex Duties
- Phlebotomist Job Description: Understand the Responsibilities
- Police Officer Job Description to protect Nation and Community
- ER Nurse Job Description: Be Ready for Any Situation
- Blank Printable Bill Of Sale