An architect is a person who controls a project to ensure functional, innovative, and high-quality design. He/she uses the construction “brief” to identify the needs of clients. Then, he/she puts design proposals and feasibility reports together. Now, let’s discuss the architect job description further!
Architect Job Description Template
In this role, an architect develops architecture in line with the needs of the client, the usage of the building, and the environmental impact. Now, we are hiring an architect. Our architect will be tasked to plan, design, and oversee the construction. This architect job description template will discuss it further.
As an architect, you will be involved in new building conservations, restorations, alterations, extensions, and designs from the earliest stage to completion. It aims to match the needs of the client and to produce functional, sustainable, & aesthetically pleasing designs.
Architect Job Responsibilities
There are many tasks and duties that will be the architect job responsibilities. Even though architects generally have the same duties, these can be different from one to another. The detailed responsibilities of an architect can be seen in the following list:
- Controls projects from completely to ensure innovative, functional, and high-quality design
- Takes the “brief” to identify the needs of clients
- Put the design proposals and feasibility reports together
- Develops ideas keeping in mind the needs of clients, environmental impact, and building’s usage
- Produces detailed blueprints and makes any needed corrections
- Compiles project specifications
- Keeps within budgets & timelines
- Ensures that all works are carried out to guidelines & regulations, building codes, and specific standards
- Makes on-site visits to check on the status of the project and reports on project
- Cooperates and liaises with construction professionals
- Follows architectural advancements and trends
Architect Job Requirements
Some qualifications are required to be an architect. The required qualifications relate to experiences, knowledge, educational degrees, and skills. Below are the detailed architect job requirements:
- Proven experience working as an architect
- Portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, regulations & quality standards, and construction details & relevant rules
- Excellent skills in drawing
- Familiar with design software such as 3D Studio VIZ, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, etc
- Strong imagination
- Ability to think & make in 3 dimensions
- Visual awareness
- Eye for detail
- Good skills in project management and communication
- Architecture BS degree
Architect Job Description FAQs
What does an architect do?
An architect controls a project to ensure functional, innovative, and high-quality design. He/she uses the construction “brief” to identify the needs of clients. Then, he/she puts design proposals and feasibility reports together.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. Since it is an architect job description customizable template, you are allowed to tailor it to your needs.
Do you have interview questions for an architect?
This web does not only contain the architect job description but also some question samples to interview the candidates of your architect.