A clinical technician belongs to a laboratory worker. He/she performs urinalysis, blood tests, & other tests on specimens. Detecting and diagnosing diseases & conditions also belong to the clinical technician job description. A clinical technician can also be called a phlebotomist or medical laboratory technician.
Clinical Technician Job Description Template
We are hiring a clinical technician now. Anyone who fulfills this position has the responsibility to diagnose conditions & diseases by conducting routine tests. There are still many other tasks and duties to be done. All these will be discussed further in the following clinical technician job description.
To be an ideal candidate, you must be organized, detail-oriented, and focused. Of course, some other qualifications are still required. So, before deciding to apply for this job, you have to make sure that you meet all the required qualifications. This clinical technician job desc can be used as your reference.
Clinical Technician Job Responsibilities
A clinical technician has great responsibilities. So, it is very important to understand the clinical technician job responsibilities deeper. Below is a list of the tasks and duties a clinical technician will have to do:
- Cleans and sterilizes glassware & equipment
- Maintains and calibrates testing equipment
- Collects blood specimens from clients with heel sticks, finger sticks, and venipuncture
- Effectively stores and labels specimens
- Follows standard laboratory formulas and procedures to prepare solutions, reagents, & stains
- Employs automatic and manual equipment to conduct analysis & prepare specimens
- Refers the compliance problems & other complaints to client relations specialists
- Complies with company procedures & policies, as well as relevant regulations & laws
- Maintains test records and communicates results to relevant parties
- Safeguards data and maintains patient confidentiality
Clinical Technician Job Requirements
Certain qualifications are required for you who want to be a clinical technician. Educational degrees, experiences, knowledge, skills, and some other qualifications belong to the requirements to be met. Here are the detailed clinical technician job requirements:
- GED/high school diploma/suitable equivalent
- Medical technician, phlebotomy, or similar certification
- Proven work experience in a related environment especially in clinical laboratory
- HIPAA compliance
- Proficient knowledge of medical laboratory terminology and sample collection
- Knowledge of basic office procedures
- Proficient skills in computer
- Excellent skills in communication, both written & verbal
- Excellent people & service skills
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
Clinical Technician Job Description FAQs
What does a clinical technician do in a laboratory?
A clinical technician or phlebotomist or medical laboratory technician performs urinalysis, blood tests, & other tests on specimens.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. You can easily edit this job description if you add or remove certain tasks & duties and requirements.
Do you have interview questions for a clinical technician?
Besides providing the clinical technician job description, this web also provides a collection of interview questions. You can find it on another page and use it free.