A construction superintendent must be the one who is responsible to ensure perfect construction project. The construction superintendent job description includes creating project schedules for construction staff, overseeing the employees on the construction site, ensuring standard construction safety, etc. A construction superintendent is also known as a construction foreman. He designs and plans his duties with the construction superintendent job description sample, mostly.
Construction Superintendent Job Description Information
We are looking for a person who is willing to work with our team as a construction superintendent to do the construction superintendent job description tasks. The candidate must have been professional and able to act as a link for varied parties. Plus, they must have strong leadership since they will lead and manage construction employees as well as ensure their works.
Construction Superintendent Job Responsibilities
As a good construction superintendent, you have some responsibilities to do that relates to your construction superintendent job description. What are they? Let’s check it out below!
- Lead and handle the on-site project construction team
- Liaise with inspection authorities to ensure approvals
- Watch overall works on site
- Maintain site personnel daily records of field orders, field reports, and RFIs
- Attend production meetings
- Monitor and ensure on-site safety standard, compliance, orderliness, and cleanliness
- Review the staff project schedule and budget
- Ensure adherence to the on-site construction regulations
- Ensure the project deadlines are met
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Orders for construction materials
- Ensure equipment and materials are available on site
Construction Superintendent Job Qualifications
If you would like to work as a construction superintendent, you must meet the construction superintendent job description requirements and qualifications, including:
- Experienced as a construction superintendent before (min. 5 years)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of CAD and CAE applications as well as scheduling software
- Great ability to operate heavy machine or equipment
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong and might be able to lift 40 pounds
- Great interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong interpretation; understand blueprints, designs, drawings, and other building specs
- Might take and upload digital photographs
- Proficients with Microsoft Office
Construction Superintendent FAQ
What is a Construction Superintendent?
A construction superintendent becomes the person whose job is to lead other on-site construction workers on timeline projects. He or she will ensure the materials and equipment for building are available. A construction superintendent’s task is not only to succeed construction projects but also to assist with other construction staff on safety standards and regulations.
What Should You Include in a Construction Superintendent Job Vacancy?
If you are about to post a construction superintendent job vacancy, you must write down all the construction superintendent qualifications and requirements. Do not forget to mention leadership and communication skills. Remember, a construction superintendent will work with other workers.
Do You Need to Interview Applicants for Construction Superintendents?
A construction superintendent position is one of the important positions that may work for the success of the building project. People need them to build qualified, steady buildings. Therefore, it is a must to interview them. Let you ask them whether or not they could read blueprints or understand CAE and CAD applications. Feel free to ask other related questions.
That’s all about construction superintendent job details; hopefully, it is helpful for all people especially those who truly need it.