A district attorney investigator, who is also known as a County Detective, must be a person that carries out further criminal investigations. District attorney investigator job description includes investigating felony and misdemeanor crimes within the jurisdiction of the District Attorney’s Office. Usually, a district attorney will make use of a district attorney investigator’s job description template as an exact working-tasks list.
District Attorney Investigator Job Description Information
We are looking for a person to work at our law organization as a district attorney investigator to do district attorney investigator job description works. The candidate must be able to look for proof and evidence through scene investigations. Plus, they suppose to have bravery actions to interrogate suspects or talk to witnesses.
District Attorney Investigator Job Responsibilities
To be a good district attorney investigator, you have several responsibilities to do related to your district attorney investigator job description. They are:
- Investigate cases assigned by the District Attorney with a team or independently
- Represent District Attorney’s Office in a community group or organizational meetings
- Work together with other attorneys to investigate, evaluate, and prepare essential cases or arguments for court
- Collaborate with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies
- Review, assess, and record important information
- Deliver testimony or witness in court
- Show subpoenas and summonses, discover suspects and save witnesses
- Inform Chief District Attorney Investigator about investigation action
- Arrange extradition of certain parties
- Prepare, review, and evaluate investigation reports
- Interview and question statements from both suspects and witnesses
District Attorney Investigator Job Qualifications
If you would like to work as a district attorney investigator in our office, you must meet the district attorney investigator job description requirements. They are:
- 2 years criminology or police science education or related fields
- Experienced working as a district attorney before (min. 3 years)
- Possess a valid driver license
- Have a valid police officer certificate
- Great knowledge and understanding of investigating techniques and legal process
- Know legal law
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Pay attention to details
- Willing to build a good working relationship with other District Attorney Investigators
District Attorney Investigator FAQ
What is a District Attorney Investigator?
A district attorney investigator becomes the person investigate certain cases given by District Attorney Office. He is the one with excellent knowledge of investigation techniques to interrogate the suspects and witnesses. He also creates a report on important proof and evidence found.
What Should You Include in a District Attorney Investigator?
If you are about to post a district attorney investigator job vacancy, you must mention all the qualifications and requirements of it. Do not forget to mention the investigating ability. Remember, a district attorney investigator works to serve and protect the community. Therefore, it is a must for him to discover suspects and locate the witnesses.
Do You Need to Interview Applicants for a District Attorney Investigator?
Since a district attorney investigator will investigate people who commit a crime, he must have strong bravery. Plus, it is necessary for them to be communicative but secretly does his job well. By having a direct interview, you might be able to know the characteristics of applicants for a district attorney investigator.
Finally, this district attorney investigator work template may be helpful for those who need this information as well.