The flagger is an important agent that is placed in several projects by government agencies, construction companies, and others. The flagger job description is to control the traffic or the flow around the sites of the road construction. Of course, they erect warning and detour signs. All they do is to maximize safety during the projects.
Flagger Job Description Template
To maximize the safety around the project, the talented and experienced flagger is needed by the companies. Yes, it is reasonable since a flagger has some responsibilities, such as to deliver information for possible detour routes, to manage the safety, and others.
Well, for the recruiter, they can apply the templates of the flagger as the helper for the recruitment. By using a template of the flagger job description, you –as the recruiter, will find the basic scheme of the recruitment document, so you just need to personalize it.
On another hand, for the candidate of the flagger, to be a good agent, they need to have excellent communication skills. Then, the ability to work as a team is also essential to be owned by the candidate that will influence how they run their responsibilities.
Controlling the flow around the road of the project becomes the first and the main responsibility of a flagger. However, an agent in this position also has some other responsibilities to be handled. The detailed responsibilities of a flagger to handle are:
- Recording the license plate numbers of the motorist who neglect to obey the directions and the traffic signs
- Assisting the crew of the construction in the removal of debris, rubble, and other hazardous materials
- Removing all barricades, signs, and the traffic cones
- Setting up the traffic cones and barricades along with the construction sites
- Appropriately positioning the detour signs and warnings around the sites of the construction
- Informing the construction crew of kinds of issue that maybe will influence their safety
- Communicating with the other flagger using the hand-held radios for better coordination
- Using the hand signals and direction sign to direct the traffic around the sites of the construction
To be a great flagger and selected in the recruitment process, of course, a candidate should fulfill some needed requirements. The requirements become the basic consideration and the elements of choosing the best flagger to be recruited.
Some requirements that a candidate of the flagger should have are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification through the traffic safety services
- Proven experiences as a flagger
- Familiar and has high knowledge about the state traffic regulations
- Ability to stand in the working place for extended periods
- Ability to work as a part of the team
- Ability to work in kinds of weathers including the harsh condition
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good and effective communication skills
- High ability for observation
- Good interpersonal skills
What are the main duties of a flagger?
Making sure that the condition around the construction project is safe becomes the main duty of the flagger. However, they also need to make a better scheme to increase safety.
Can I edit the posted job description of a flagger here?
Of course, you can. The templates and samples of the flagger job description on this page are downloadable. You just need to click the download button to get it.