A freelance writer must work individually, self-employed. He or she supposes to specialize in specific fields. The freelance writer job description must include liaising with the clients or the companies’ needs, accomodating different needs of the clients, submitting assignments promptly, etc. A freelance writer usually will use the freelance writer job description template to remind him of the routine freelance writer activities he must do.
Freelance Writer Job Description Information
We are looking for a freelance writer to work at our company to do all freelance writer job description tasks and duties. The candidate must be able to ensure all the writing aspects from the inception to the submission. More importantly, he or she should maximize his or her performance to meet the clients’ expectations. It is also important for applicants to have great management skills.
Freelance Writer Responsibilities
Working as a freelance writer, you need to do all necessary freelance writer job description duties, including:
- Formulate texts according to the text formatting guidelines and prescribed editorial
- Communicate with the client related to their needs and expectations
- Monitor, manage, and log hours spent on each task or assignment
- Inform the client of any assignment difficulties detected
- Proofread your works to discover and correct errors
- Ensure that texts are completely researched
- Submit completed works via e-mail, fax, or other particular channels
- Maintain originality of the work; no plagiarism
Freelance Writer Job Qualifications
If you want to apply as a freelance writer in our company, you must meet the qualifications and requirements of the freelance writer job description. They are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Communication Studies, or other related fields
- Experienced as a freelance writer before (preferable)
- Great multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and time-management skills
- Portfolio of completed works
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel Offices
- Great, interpersonal, passionate, and disciplined kind of a person
- Self-motivation approach for working
- Own a computer or a laptop
- Strong supervision skills
Freelance Writer FAQ
What is a Freelance Writer?
A freelance writer must be the one, with a great knowledge and understanding of formatting guidelines, who writes for clients or companies. He writes books, articles, journals, etc. as requested by the clients in deadline time. A freelance writer somehow sends his finished assignments by e-mail or fax.
What Should You Include in A Freelance Writer Job Vacancy?
If you are going to post a freelance writer job vacancy, you need to write down all the main requirements and qualifications. Make sure the applicants have been experienced as a freelance writer in advance so that it might better the editor’s job. Plus, let you mention to own his or her laptops, computers, or other devices since a freelance writer might work at home.
Do You Need to Interview Applicants for A Freelance Writer?
A freelance writer must be familiar with performing all assignments to meet the clients’ expectations. They need to send works given on time. Therefore, you must interview applicants for the freelance writer directly to know whether or not they have great time-management skills. Having a direct interview, you might also test them on operating MS Office.
That’s all about the freelance writer job ideas; hopefully, it will be useful for you especially those who work as freelance writers.