An insurance agent, who is also known as an insurance sales agent, is a person who looks for a sales opportunity for an insurance plan. The Insurance agent job description also includes tracking statements or claims, overseeing the client’s portfolio, managing policy renewals, etc. Usually, an insurance agent will identify risk management strategies to make his plan successful. Therefore, having an Insurance agent job description template will be useful for him.
Insurance Agent Job Description Information
We are searching for a person who wants to work as an insurance agent and is eligible to do the insurance agent job description tasks. The candidate must have great analytical and communication skills to get clients for the insurance agreement. Great applicants with excellent negotiation and fast decision-making skills must be the one we are looking for.
Insurance Agent Job Responsibilities
An insurance agent must have several primary responsibilities to do connected to the Insurance agent job description. What are they? Let’s check it out below!
- Calculate dividends and create insurance payment methods
- Respond to the clients’ questions related to insurance issues
- Build excellent relationship or links with various clients from networking, referrals, or cold calling
- Create and implement new yet effective marketing strategies to compete with other insurance companies
- Inform clients about insurance policies once a claim or statement is received and approved
- Promoting insurance plans by explaining the advantages and disadvantages of insurance policies
- Suggest risk management strategies that match the clients’ profiles
- Track insurance claims to meet both client and company satisfaction
- Prepare and present detailed reports on the insurance plan progress
- Complete administrative tasks as well as maintain insurance records and manage policy renewals
Insurance Agent Job Qualifications and Requirements
If you would like to work as an insurance agent in our company, you must meet the insurance agent job description qualifications. They are:
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, or other related fields
- Have ever experienced working as an insurance agent (min. 3 years) (necessary)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of various insurance types including home, vehicle, and business
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written ones)
- Awesome negotiation skills
- Can operate the computer and varied statistical analysis software
- Attention to the details
Insurance Agent FAQ
What is an Insurance Agent?
An Insurance agent must be the one that offers the clients a proper insurance plan that suits the clients’ personal profile. He must have great and deep knowledge of types of insurance plans. Mostly, the insurance agents possess excellent communication skills since he supposes to serve clients by offering a definite insurance plan, answering questions and issues, etc.
What Should You Include in an Insurance Agent?
If you are about to post an insurance agent job vacancy, you need to mention all the specific qualifications and requirements. It is also necessary to write down some necessary skills such as computer and statistic analysis software ability. Therefore, you could find capable applicants.
Do You Need to Interview Applicants for Insurance Agents?
It is important to interview all the insurance agent applicants because you could match the CVs and resumes sent directly. More importantly, by having a direct interview, you may ask some questions related to insurance issues or test them with practical performance.
That’s all about insurance agent job information; hopefully, it is useful for all you who want to create a template about it.