For the financial department, the junior accountant becomes one of the important employees there. Well, based on the junior accountant job description, a person is a professional trained financial that will support the business by managing the financial tasks and daily accounting. In running their roles, they will compile the report and reconcile kinds of financial statements and other documents.
Junior Accountant Job Description Templates
Since the important roles of the junior accountant, of course, the management only will try to hire an experienced junior accountant with a good analytical mind. It is quite reasonable because, through their capability, the chosen junior accountant can handle many jobs maximally without any problem.
Well, for the recruiter, they can use the job description template of the junior accountant to recruit a new agent. The template here will be a useful option. It provides a default scheme for the recruitment document. Of course, the recruiter does not need to make the document from a blank paper.
On another hand, through the templates, the recruiter can guess what they need to write inside the document in shaping the recruitment process. Moreover, today, these are many recruitment templates that can be downloaded for free.
Junior Accountant Responsibilities
Analyzing financial information and other related matters becomes the main responsibility of the junior accountant. However, the selected candidate as the new junior accountant will face some other responsibilities in running their roles.
Some responsibilities to be handled by the selected junior accountant are:
- Preparing the balance sheets
- Coordinating with the management and other staff to prepare and manage budgets
- Ensuring compliance with the guidelines and procedures of the financial department
- Resolving the account payable
- Performing the daily reconciliations of the check, credit, and cash transactions
- Assisting in tax and financial audit and generalizing the ledger preparation
- Completing the end of month close procedures
- Developing the statements of monthly financial that includes the profit, cash flow, loss statement, and balance sheets
- Preparing the income tax returns
Junior Accountant Requirements
To be the selected junior accountant, of course, the candidate needs to fill some asked requirements by the department. The requirements are the standard to measure the competency of the candidate.
Well, some asked requirements to be fulfilled by the candidate when they are joining the recruitment process are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related fields
- Certificate of the professional accountant
- Working experience in accounting
- Understanding the principles of accounting and financial reporting
- A strong conceptual and analytical mind
- Great problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet with some deadlines
- Critical thinker
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent report writing and IT skills
Junior Accountant FAQ
What are the main duties of the junior accountant?
Managing the financial report becomes the main duty of the junior accountant. Then, a person in this position also needs to solve some financial problems to balance the financial condition of the department.
Can I edit the job description template of the junior accountant?
Yes, you can. All templates of the junior accountant job description on this page are editable. You can start by getting the files by clicking the download button and then personalize detailed information there.