The kitchen porter is a helper to handle some jobs inside the kitchen. They in common are employed by hospitals, hotels, restaurants, and other related places. Based on the kitchen porter job description, an individual in this position will help the chef to make a specific food. Besides, they also will wash the dirty dishes, utensils, and other equipment for cooking.
Kitchen Porter Job Description Templates
It can be said that the kitchen porter will face some different jobs, although the jobs are quite simple. However, the management only will hire a highly efficient agent to fill this position. It is quite reasonable because, with efficient working, the needs of a chef can be fulfilled maximally.
To be the selected kitchen porter, the candidate needs to have good communication skills, since they will coordinate with a chef and other staff in doing their job. Besides, a candidate for the kitchen porter also needs to have a good ability to follow some instructions.
Here, to recruit a good kitchen porter, the recruiter can use a job description template of the kitchen porter. The template will be useful since it provides the default information. It means the recruiter doesn’t need to make the document from a blank paper.
Kitchen Porter Responsibilities
Helping the chef in preparing some different meals becomes one of the responsibilities of the kitchen porter. However, after being selected as the kitchen porter, a candidate will face some other responsibilities, such as:
- Sanitizing and cleaning all meal preparation area, such as kitchen walls, stoves, sinks, ovens, and other equipment
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas during the working shifts
- Washing dirty dishes, utensils, cooking equipment, cutting board, and others
- Ensuring that complete cooking equipment is in good working order
- Receiving and unpacking kinds of all deliveries
- Ensuring both refrigerator and freezer are well-organized and clean
- Assisting a chef with basic food preparation when it is required
Kitchen Porter Requirements
To be the selected kitchen porter, of course, the candidate needs to fill some asked requirements. It is an important step to be considered by the candidate. The requirements will be the way to measure both competencies and capabilities of the candidate.
Some pointed requirements are:
- GED or high school diploma
- A license of food handler
- Proven experiences as a kitchen porter or other relevant matter
- In-depth working knowledge of safety regulations and food health
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent management skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work for extended hours
Kitchen Porter FAQ
What are the main duties of the kitchen porter to handle?
Doing some basic kitchen jobs becomes the main duty of the kitchen porter, including helping the chef when it is needed. However, the kitchen porter also needs to maintain the working area, especially the clean of it and managing the cooking equipment.
Can I edit the posted job description template of the kitchen porter on this page?
Absolutely yes. All templates of the kitchen porter job description on this page are editable. You can get the files by clicking the download button and edit the document using Microsoft Office.