A life insurance agent is the one that sells life policies without payout when an insured person died. The life insurance agent job description must include providing intermediary services between the Insurance Company and the client. A life insurance agent also expands the customers or clients by social media or active programs, ensures correct products or services for clients, etc. To manage effective, practical work lists, a life insurance agent usually uses the life insurance agent job description template.
Life Insurance Agent Job Description Information
We are searching for a person who has enough experience as a life insurance agent to perform the life insurance agent job description duties. The candidate should have strong customer service skills. Plus, it is a must for him to maintain and retain the customers.
Life Insurance Agent Job Responsibilities
A professional life insurance agent must do several main responsibilities related to the life insurance agent job description. What are they? Let’s check it out below!
- Advice and recommend the clients about suitable insurance products
- Keep and maintain both electronic and paper documentation
- Provide intermediary services between Insurance Companies and the clients
- Assist clients anything even during the claims process
- Perform excellent customer service
- Respond to the clients to maintain and retain relationships
- Make a recommendation based on the client’s latest portfolios
- Expand the customer base
- Sell annuities (pay an income at retirement) and life policies (payout on death)
- Gather data from prospective clients by interviewing them
Life Insurance Agent Job Qualifications
If you would like to work as a life insurance agent in our company, you must meet the life insurance agent job description qualifications. They are:
- Diploma or degree in Financial Services or related fields
- Accreditated university with FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority)
- Experienced working as a life insurance agent before (min. 3 years)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great customer service and selling abilities
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
Life Insurance Agent FAQ
What is a Life Insurance Agent?
A life insurance agent becomes the person who encourages and recommends people with insurance. He offers strategic plans and great customer services to sell insurance products. A life insurance agent will build a great relationship with both the Insurance Company and clients since he will provide intermediary services, too. Therefore, all life insurance agents must be talkative and communicative.
What Should You Include in a Life Insurance Agent Vacancy?
If you are about to post a life insurance agent job vacancy, you must write down all the main qualifications and requirements needed. Do not forget to mention great selling skills. Also, it is a must for a life insurance agent to be analytical to find marketing opportunities.
Do You Need to Interview Applicants for a Life Insurance Agent?
A life insurance agent must be one that serves clients with insurance needs. He develops strategic insurance plans and offerings for the company’s success. Therefore, you need to interview applicants for a life insurance agent to find the best one. By having a direct interview, you might also check their CVs and resumes in person.
That’s all about life insurance agent job information; hopefully, it will be useful for you who need it.