Pharmacy Technician job description outlines how it works under pharmacist supervision. Truthfully, it is the new name of a pharmacy assistant. The duties and requirements maybe still the same as the prior name. But, you should see the real information on the Pharmacy Technician job description template below.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description informs on the same Responsibility as a Pharmacy Assistant
Well, the Pharmacy Technician job description informs on 7 responsibilities to conduct. Is it similar or getting upgrading from before. The most important thing the pharmacist oversees the technician for several duties. It includes dispensing prescription as well as an over-the-counter medication. The targets are health professionals and customers. Besides that, it informs on medication and assembles medicines for prescriptions.
Once more, the Pharmacy Technician work in the retail pharmacy and in a hospital. Usually, the retail pharmacy gets direct supervision from the licensed pharmacist. Turn back to the 7 responsibilities coming from those main duties:
- It accepts written and refills prescriptions from patients. However, it will evaluate the accuracy and completeness information before giving medication.
- Record medical histories and commit to maintaining confidentiality and willing to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Providing the best service quality for patients and customers through some actions. It is such as responding to inquiries, requests until referring to the pharmacist. Here, they will get medical information in detail.
- Undertake to verify the patient information accuracy.
- Count and file the medication prescription. It includes typing and attaching labels of medication.
- Undertake inventory audits, medicine, and purchasing supplies.
- Process patient insurance.
7 Requirements on Pharmacy Technician Job Description
There are 7 points of requirement on Pharmacy Technician Job Description. Healthcare facilities, drugstore, and pharmacy must see it employ the right people. You will need the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy technician certification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in completing day-to-day tasks using a computer.
- Good basic math skills because one of the duties is counting medications.
- Customer service experience.
- Having a fast-paced work environment will prefer.
That is detailed information on the Pharmacy Technician Job Description to use in 2020. It is effective to select and get a technician with the right criteria. Anything it works, the responsibilities and the requirements are similar. If you intend to edit for modifying the content it does not matter. Usually, the result will not be far different from the standard format. Thank you for reading. If you want to edit it use the latest template design that has better features. Good luck!
What is a Pharmacy Technician?
Pharmacy Technician is the new name of the pharmacy assistant where both work under pharmacist supervision. This profession can work in a hospital, retail pharmacy, and other healthcare facilities.
What are the chief Responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician?
Under licensed pharmacists, it works for providing a prescription to the customers or patients and professional health. It also dispenses over-the-counter medication according to the regulations. Gathering medicines and provide medication information still become the main responsibilities.
What is the education level for working as a Pharmacy Technician?
Graduating from high school or the relevant diploma will make it pass administration selection. It implies the candidate may follow an interview test and become the new members.