For the film and television industry, it can be said that the grip is one of the important agents Well, based on the grip job description, an individual in this position will have a high responsibility to design and construct the sets of production. It could be said that with the hands of the grip, the film and television production will be maximal as it is expected by the watchers.
Grip Job Description Templates
The management will only look for a talented and experienced grip to fill the needed position. Well, since a grip will control some essential matters of the production, only those who have high capabilities that can handle all jobs maximally and provide the best result in processing.
The candidate that wants to join the recruitment process and becomes a new grip needs to have in-depth knowledge of metalwork and electrical work. They also should be a creative person that can make some interesting designs and some improvements when it is needed.
The recruiter can use the templates of the job description to ease them in getting the new grip. The templates will provide detailed base information about what the candidate needs to prepare. Besides, the recruiter also does not need to make the document from a blank paper.
Reporting the jobs to the key grip and dolly grip becomes the main responsibility of the grip. However, the selected candidate needs to face some other responsibilities in running their roles, such as:
- Designing, constructing, and painting the sets of the backdrops
- Unpacking the cameras and rigging the needed requirements
- Laying the tracks of the dolly
- Assembling the camera rigging including the jibs, static rigs, tracks, and others
- Testing the safety and the strength of the constructed rigs
- Moving the set pieces
- Spotting the operator of the cameras
- Moving the fixtures of the lights
- Maintaining the equipment
- Repairing the rigging equipment when it is needed
To be the selected new grip, the candidate needs to fill some needed requirements. The requirements will be the tool to measure the capabilities and competencies of the candidate.
Well, some requirements to be considered by the candidates are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Degree in filmmaking
- Previous experiences as a grip or the related positions
- Advanced mechanical, electrical and carpentry skills
- Ability to manipulate and to life heavy materials
- Ability to work on a long shift
- Ability to travel
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good ability to work with the teams
What are the main duties of the grip to handle?
Designing ad painting the set backdrops becomes the main responsibility of a grip. However, an individual in this position also needs to test the safety and strength of the rigs’ construction to ensure that all equipment is safe to be used.
Can I edit the posted job description template of the gripon this page?
Absolutely, yes. All posted templates of the grip job description on this page are editable. You can get the basic files by clicking the download button. Then, edit the base information using Microsoft Office software.