The floor tech is also known as the floor technician or floor care technician. They will work in some different places, such as hospitals, schools, gyms, and others. Based on the floor tech job description, the main job of this agent is to clean the floor and ensure it free from the harmful microorganism. Besides, they also will maintain the floor condition for a long period.
Floor Tech Job Description Templates
The management will hire an energetic floor tech to handle floor care jobs. A person in this position will face some responsibilities, especially to maintain all floor areas, sanitation, and others. Of course, only those who have high capabilities that can handle all subjects.
For the recruiter, when they want to recruit a new floor tech, they can use the job description template. Well, the template can be a source of inspiration to make the latest document since there is a default scheme. On another hand, the template also shows complete points to be shared.
On another hand, the template also gives another benefit for the recruiter. Since there is a default scheme of the job description inside the template, the recruiter does not need to make the document from a blank paper. They just need to edit the default information based on their standard.
Floor Tech Responsibilities
Keeping the condition of the floor becomes the main responsibility of the floor tech. However, after being selected as the new floor tech, of course, the potential candidate will face some other responsibilities to be handled maximally.
The detailed responsibilities of the floor tech in running their roles are:
- Cleaning the hallways, offices, and some common areas
- Moving the furniture before and after the cleaning time
- Cleaning, dusting, stripping, mopping, and waving the floors
- Measuring the detailed chemical accurately
- Operating the unites of chemical dispensing
- Labeling the kinds of chemical correctly
- Cleaning, storing equipment and maintaining
- Keeping the inventory of the floor area
- Scheduling the cleaning and maintenance time
- Reporting the issues of floor maintenance
Floor Tech Requirements
To be the selected floor tech, the candidates need to fill some asked requirements. The requirements here become the tool to value the competency of every candidate.
Well, some asked requirements to be filled by every candidate are:
- GED, high school diploma, or other equivalent preferred
- Experience in floor maintenance
- Drug test completion
- Resilient to noise
- Physically strong
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work for a long period
- Good skills in floor maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Floor Tech FAQ
What are the main duties of the floor tech to handle?
Maintaining the condition of the floor becomes the main duty of the floor tech. On another hand, the floor tech also needs to make some strategies to maximize their working result.
Can I edit the posted job description templates of the floor techon this page?
Absolutely, yes. All samples of the floor tech job description on this page are editable. You can the files by clicking the download button and then personalize the detailed information using Microsoft Office software.