A licensed practical nurse (LPN) records the medical history of a patient accurately; takes & records measurements of heart rate, temperature, blood pressure, etc; and observes patients under treatment for identifying progress, medication side effects, etc. Now, let’s see the following LPN job description!
LPN Job Description Template
We are hiring a reliable LPN now. In this position, you will have to care for injured and invalids people professionally and considerately. You will also work under a registered doctor or nurse’s supervision. In this article, we will discuss it further in the following LPN job description template.
A professional LPN should be qualified as well as compassionate. To be an ideal candidate, you must be experienced in providing various basic cares to people who need it patiently and calmly. This is a demanding job. However, it is very rewarding, too. So, make sure that you give your best.
LPN Job Responsibilities
Now, let’s talk about the LPN job responsibilities first. In fact, an LPN will have some important tasks and duties. The detailed responsibilities are summarized in the following list:
- Records the medical history of a patient accurately
- Takes and records measurements of heart rate, temperature, blood pressure, etc
- Observes patients under treatment for identifying medications side effects, progress, etc
- Monitors the condition of patients including to compose patient charts and fluid intake & output
- Helps ailing patients in daily needed activities like bathing, eating, etc
- Administers enemas, prescribed medications, injections, etc
- Cleans and dresses wounds as well as helps with other basic medical care tasks
- Collects samples for lab testing
- Provides psychological and emotional support when required
- Communicates with patients’ friends or family to provide comfort, advice, & release instructions
LPN Job Requirements
To find the best person to fulfill this position, we require some qualifications that relate to experiences, abilities, knowledge, skills, and others. For you who are interested in this position, make sure that you meet the following LPN job requirements:
- Proven work experience in a similar role especially as an LPN
- Ability to undertake different care tasks & work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiar with hospital safety, health, and sanitation standards & procedures
- Understanding of nursing best practices and confidentiality obligations
- Knowledge of hospital and medical terminology
- Knowledge of data entry and Ms. Office
- Excellent physical condition & stamina
- Compassionate as well as able to handle stress
- LPN license program completion
LPN Job Description FAQs
What does an LPN do in a hospital?
A licensed practical nurse (LPN) cares for injured and invalids people professionally and considerately. She will also work under a registered doctor or nurse’s supervision.
Can I edit the posted LPN here?
You are allowed to edit the licensed practical nurse job description posted here. So, just feel free to customize it to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for an LPN?
This web does not only contain the LPN job description but also some interview questions for recruiting LPN candidates.