A mental health technician can also be called a psychiatric aide or mental health tech. He or she supports a mental healthcare professional in a hospital, private institution, or patient residence. If you want to know the mental health technician job description, let’s pay attention to this.
Mental Health Technician Job Description Template
In his or her role, the mental health tech description includes observing as well as reporting info about the mood, behavior, & wellbeing of the patients. A mental health technician should also be professional under pressure as well as keep personal info about patients confidential.
Now, we are hiring a mental health tech. To be successful in this role, you must have a positive attitude and be emotionally stable. To fulfill this position, you are required to meet some qualifications. A good mental health tech will support patients empathetically, respectfully, and professionally.
Mental Health Technician Job Responsibilities
Below, we will focus on providing the mental health technician job responsibilities. In fact, a mental health tech plays an important role so that there will be many tasks and duties to be done. The detailed responsibilities can be seen in the list provided below. So, you have to pay attention to this carefully.
- Ensures the comfort of patients before, during, and after treatments
- Bathing, feeding, and dressesing patients based on individual abilities
- Provides transport from and to treatments
- Measures vital signs as well as takes samples of sputum, stool, or urine as required by the healthcare provider
- Tracks any behavioral change in patients that can be of use to healthcare providers
Mental Health Technician Job Requirements
Fulfilling this job position requires you to meet certain required qualifications that relate to educational degrees, abilities, and licenses. If you meet the following mental health technician requirements, we want to meet you and we hope you will be part of our team. Here are the detailed requirements:
- A high school qualification/equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, especially in Mental Health Technology, can be a benefit
- Ability to keep respectful and professional when helping stressed patients
- Ability to work in flexible hours
- A valid driver’s license, as well as access to a vehicle, can be an advantage
Mental Health Technician Job Description FAQs
What does a mental health technician do in the hospital?
A mental health technician supports a mental healthcare professional in a hospital, private institution, or patient residence. Many people also call it a psychiatric aide or mental health tech.
Can I edit the posted mental health technician job description here?
Yes, you can. This mental health technician job description template is editable. So, you are allowed to adjust it to your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a mental health technician?
Besides providing the mental health technician job description, we also provide some question samples you can use to interview all the candidates in the recruitment process.