A metal fabricator is a person who prepares, welds, and fabricates metal components & structures. He/she works in a manufacturing plant or at a construction site with various tools to construct metal-based assembly components. Now, let’s discuss the metal fabricator job description further.
Metal Fabricator Job Description Template
We are hiring a metal fabricator now. In this role, he/she builds high-quality metal components for our clients. Here, a metal fabricator reads and interprets engineering blueprints, fabricates metal structures/components, and performs quality checks on finished products.
In this metal fabricator job description template, we will not only focus on the tasks and duties a metal fabricator does. However, what is required to apply for this job will also be discussed. In this case, you are required to have knowledge of industrial metalwork. Good mathematical skills are also required.
Metal Fabricator Job Responsibilities
A metal fabricator will have many tasks and duties. The metal fabricator job responsibilities may vary. Anyway, let’s see the following list that contains the detailed responsibilities of a metal fabricator:
- Reads and interprets engineering blueprints
- Constructs the base templates when needed
- Measures and marks out bending & cutting lines
- Sets up metalwork machinery such as shears, brakes, flame cutters, drill presses, rollers, etc
- Double-checks design specs before starting with cutting work
- Fabricates and constructs metal components
- Grinds and finishes completed products
- Performs quality checks on completed products
- Conforms with the safety regulations of the state & company
- Completes job reports
A metal fabricator may be given with other tasks and duties. Anyway, you have to be familiar with those responsibilities and ready with possible duties added.
Metal Fabricator Job Requirements
We require some qualifications related to educational degrees, experiences, knowledge, skills, etc for you who want to apply for this job. The metal fabricator job requirements are provided in detail in the following list:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Metal fabricator work experience
- AWS certification & advanced welding experience
- Good knowledge of engineering design & manufacturing procedures
- Ability to read & interpret engineering blueprints
- Proficient with metal fabrication tools such as drill presses, cutters, flame, rollers, shears, etc
- Advanced skills in mathematical & engineering
- Ability to lift & manipulate big metal objects
- Ability to work standing for long hours
Metal Fabricator Job Description FAQs
What does a metal fabricator do?
A metal fabricator prepares, welds, and fabricates metal components & structures. He/she works in a manufacturing plant or at a construction site with various tools to construct metal-based assembly components.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. Since this metal fabricator job description template is customizable, you will be able to edit it easily to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a metal fabricator?
Besides providing the metal fabricator job description, this web also provides some question samples you can use to interview all candidates meeting the required qualifications.