A toll collector usually works in a toll booth on a highway, bridge, or national tolled road. His or her duty is to collect the toll payment from people who use the roadway. Of course, there are still many other responsibilities to do. For more details, you can see the following toll collector job description.
Toll Collector Job Description Template
We are hiring a hardworking and experienced toll collector now. In this position, you are tasked to inform customers of the toll fee. Besides, you should also collect the cash. If needed, you also have to provide change. Sometimes, you also need to provide drivers with basic directions.
To be a toll collector, you must have advanced communication and mathematical skills. The ability to sit longer is also required. Anyway, you have to work efficiently and quickly while maintaining a pleasant demeanor. The following toll collector job description template will tell you about it in detailed.
Toll Collector Job Responsibilities
There are many tasks and duties a toll collector will have to do everyday. To make it easy to understand, we will provide the complete and detailed toll collector job responsibilities in the list below:
- Collects the float of cash for the day
- Opens the toll booth and sets up the cash register
- Collects toll fees from customers & provides change
- Provides directions as well as road information to road users
- Informs motorists of accidents on the road ahead
- Reports dangerous as well as illegal road users
- Reports customers who did not pay their toll fees
- Cashes up the register at the end of the work shift
- Locks up the toll booth
Toll Collector Job Requirements
As we have seen above, a toll collector will have great responsibilities with so many tasks and duties. So, not all people can be a toll collector. That is why we require some qualifications. Therefore, all the candidates who apply for this position have to meet the following toll collector job requirements:
- GED or high school diploma
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Great skills of verbal communication
- Ability to work for long periods alone
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to sit for longer periods
- Comfortable working with money or cash
- Knowledge of local attraction and national roadways
Toll Collector Job Description FAQs
What does a toll collector do in a toll booth?
A toll collector usually works in a toll booth on a highway, bridge, or national tolled road where his or her duty is to collect the toll payment from people who use the roadway. The template above provides a more detailed job description.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. You are allowed to add or remove the details of the toll collector’s responsibilities and requirements included in this editable toll collector job description.
Do you have interview questions for a toll collector?
Besides the toll collector job description, some question samples for toll collector candidates can also be found on this web.