A kitchen assistant performs all preparation, cleaning, and washing duties needed in kitchens. He or she helps a kitchen supervisor and cook with all tasks needed to ensure that kitchen operations smoothly run. Now, let’s pay attention to the following kitchen assistant job description for more details.
Kitchen Assistant Job Description Template
We are hiring a reliable and dedicated kitchen assistant to help with inventory control. He or she also removes the garbage, washes garbage cans, and clears refrigerators, freezers, & storage rooms. You are also required to record food wastages from customer’s leftovers.
In this kitchen assistant job description template, we also talk about the qualifications required to meet. To be a kitchen assistant, you have to exercise good time management. Besides that, you also must be able to ensure that all tasks & duties are completed on time. You should follow safety regulations, too.
Kitchen Assistant Job Responsibilities
Working as a kitchen assistant means that you will be so busy with many tasks and duties. Our kitchen supervisor and cooks cannot do their duties alone so that they need your help. Here are the detailed kitchen assistant job responsibilities to be done well.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food preparation areas properly according to standards of hygiene
- Washes and stores all cooking instruments, appliances, utensils, dishes, and cutting boards appropriately
- Helps the cook with the meal ingredient preparation including cleaning, washing, cutting, peeling, and chopping meat, poultry, veggies, & fruits
- Sweeps &mops the kitchen floors and wipes down kitchen walls
- Helps with the unloading of food supplies delivered
- Organizes and stores food supplies correctly
- Transfers meal ingredients promptly from storage areas to the kitchen according to the cook’s instructions
- Stirs & heats soups or sauces and prepares hot beverages
Kitchen Assistant Job Requirements
To join us as a kitchen assistant, you have to meet some required qualifications related to educational degrees, experiences, knowledge, abilities, and skills. For the detailed kitchen assistant job requirements, you can see in the list provided below:
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Proven work experience helping in kitchens
- A food handler’s license
- Good knowledge of safety regulations and food health
- Ability to stand for long hours
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent skills in organizational & time management
- Effective skills in communication
Kitchen Assistant Job Description FAQs
What does a kitchen assistant do?
A kitchen assistant performs all preparation, cleaning, and washing duties needed in kitchens. He or she helps a kitchen supervisor and cook with all tasks needed to ensure that kitchen operations smoothly run.
Can I edit the posted job description template here?
Yes, you can. This customizable kitchen assistant job description template can be edited easily to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a kitchen assistant?
On this web, you cannot only find the kitchen assistant job description but also some interview question samples.