A draftsman can be defined as a skilled professional who is responsible for drawing plans for machines and buildings. He/she may be employed in various fields. A draftsman works with other professionals such as scientists, engineers, and architects. This article will discuss the draftsman job description further.
Draftsman Job Description Template
A draftsman should be able to follow specifications. Besides, he/she must also be typically trained in drafting computer-aided design & drafting processes. Now, we are hiring a draftsman who is self-motivated and able to work with specialists at our company.
A draftsman forms part of our multidisciplinary engineering team. An ideal candidate must be comfortable working at an adjustable table and a computer terminal. Our draftsman will not only work at our office but also on-site. In this draftsman job description template, we will discuss it further.
Draftsman Job Responsibilities
A draftsman is very important in our company. There are many tasks and duties that will be his/her responsibilities. The responsibilities of a draftsman can vary depending on the company. Below, we will make a list that contains the draftsman job responsibilities in detail:
- Follows specifications & calculations to make different technical drawings
- Prepares rough sketches & detailed work using CADD systems
- Performs calculations for weight limitations and materials
- Communicates with engineers & architects and incorporates gained knowledge into drawings
- Prepares, reviews, and redrafts alongside the team of engineering
- Ensures that the final designs are compliant with building regulations
- Identifies and communicates potential design problems to the rest of the team
If you apply for this job, you have to be familiar with all the responsibilities above. Besides that, you also must be ready with other possible tasks and duties added.
Draftsman Job Requirements
It requires you to meet some qualifications. We require certain educational degrees, experiences, and abilities. The detailed draftsman job requirements are summarized in the following list below:
- Bachelor of Science in architecture or engineering
- Degree from a technical college is also accepted
- Experience in CADD (computer-aided design & drafting)
- Ability to manually draw favorable and not essential
- Ability to work in a team & on your own
- Ability to respond to criticism well and to maintain a positive attitude
If you meet all the requirements above, we would like to meet you for an interview session.
Draftsman Job Description FAQs
What does a draftsman do in a company?
A draftsman is responsible for drawing plans for machines and buildings. He/she may be employed in various fields. A draftsman works with other professionals such as scientists, engineers, and architects.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. This editable draftsman job description template can easily be customized to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a draftsman?
Besides providing the draftsman job description, this web also provides a collection of questions you can use to interview the candidates who meet the requirements. You can find the interview questions on another page.