Especially in the zoo, an animal trainer has a very essential role. As its name, an individual in this position will train the specific animal to perform certain tasks. On another hand, based on the animal trainer job description, they also will monitor the physical condition and behavior of the animals then discuss with the other staff to see the progress and abilities of the animals.
Animal Trainer Job Description Templates
The management of the zoo –and other departments, will look for a talented and motivated animal trainer. Of course, the trainer of the animal should learn about the behavior of some different animals and develop some techniques for the training.
The factor as above can be the reason why the management needs to be careful and selective in choosing the new animal trainer. In making the recruitment process, a recruiter can use the job description template of the animal trainer as the helper document in recruiting.
Using the template is very useful. It provides basic information about the recruitment process. It means you –as the recruiter only needs to edit the default information inside the template based on the needs of your department. Then, the templates also can be downloaded for free.
Animal Trainer Responsibilities
The selected candidate of the animal trainer will face some responsibilities in running their roles. The responsibilities of the animal trainer to be faced are:
- Breeding the animal when it is required
- Providing general care for the animals, such as cleaning the habitats, grooming, and others, especially familiarizing the animals with the contact and voices of humans
- Educating others –including visitors, about the animals, such as their behaviors and environments
- Providing the updates to other parties, especially about the progress and the conditions of some animals
- Using the positive reinforcement
- Medicating and feeding the animals
- Monitoring the health condition of the animals and the behavioral issues
- Learning about the unique abilities of the animals
- Creating training regimes for the animals
- Developing an understanding of the behavior of animals
Animal Trainer Requirements
To be the selected animal trainer in the recruitment process, of course, these are some requirements that the candidate needs to consider. The requirements here will be a way to measure the ability and competency of the candidates.
Some common requirements to be considered by the candidates are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent abilities of problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Extensive experience working with kinds of animals
- Extensive knowledge of the behavior and care of the animals
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work with the teams
Animal Trainer FAQ
What are the main duties of the animal trainer to handle?
Understanding and training animals become the main duties of the animal trainer. However, an individual in this position also needs to make some reports to show the progress of the training.
Can I edit the posted job description template of the animal trainer on this page?
Of course, you can. All posted templates of the animal trainer job description on this page are editable. You can click the download button to get the files and then edit it.