The banker is also known as the retail banker. They are an important agent for the finance department. Based on the banker job description, a person in this position is those who interact with the clients to assist them in some needs, such as saving accounts, authorizing loans, and making money. On another hand, this agent also will counsel clients on the services and products of the bank.
Banker Job Description Templates
The bank or finance department always needs the hands of the experienced and talented banker. It is quite reasonable because a banker has some tasks, especially to determine the needs of the bank, including discussing the financial requirements. That is why the talented agent is needed.
For the recruiter, to find the talented agent, they can use the job description template. Yes, the template will be very useful since it shows detailed information about what the candidate needs to do in joining the recruitment process.
On another hand, the templates also can be a source of references. Since there is detailed information about the job description inside the template, a recruiter does not need to make the recruitment document from a blank paper. All they need to do is only personalizing detailed information there.
Handling the needs of the clients about financial matters becomes the main responsibility of the new banker. However, the selected banker will face some other responsibility in running their tasks. Some essential responsibilities of the banker are:
- Signing on the new clients and helping them using the on boarding process
- Managing the bank account of the clients, including opening and closing account or overseeing the transaction
- Processing the payments, deposits, and withdrawals
- Evaluating and authorizing the loans and overdraft
- Handling other transaction, such as writing the money orders when it is necessary
- Recommending and explaining kinds of banking products and services to the clients based on their needs
- Presenting and cross-selling the products and services of the bank to the existing and prospective clients
- Collaborating with the other professional banking to ensure high-quality services for clients
- Resolving the complaints and queries of the clients
To be the selected banker, of course, a candidate needs to fill some asked requirements. The requirements here become the tool to measure the competency of the candidate. Only those who pass the requirements will be chosen as the new banker for the department.
Well, some requirements that can be added inside the recruitment document are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or other related fields
- Experiences in sales or customer services
- In-depth knowledge about the practices of retail banking, regulation, and rules
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Office, banking database, and other relevant software programs
- Great numerical skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
What are the main duties of the banker?
Managing the financial needs of the clients becomes the main responsibility of the banker. However, a new banker also needs to know about the banking marketing system, so they can get more potential new clients.
Can I edit the job description template of the banker on this page?
Of course, you can. All templates of the banker job description here are editable. You can get it by clicking the download button and then edit it using Microsoft Words.