The billing analyst commonly works in a company’s accounting department. They will make sure that the clients are billed correctly. Besides, a billing analyst also will correspond with clients, issue invoices, and supervise the company’s revenue intake. The billing analyst job description is important to create so that you need to be careful so that you will get the proper candidate to work.
The billing analyst job description template design
Looking for a billing analyst will be challenging. You need to hire an efficient and detailed-oriented billing analyst to join the company. Besides, the billing analyst’s responsibilities are like coordinating with other departments to make sure all sales and orders are accurately billed for and setting the clients up for billing.
Furthermore, the billing analyst also will issue the invoice and make sure that the invoices correspond with balance sheet reports. In other words, the billing analyst has an important role to make your company getting better in the future.
To succeed in the billing analyst, you need to capable of working independently and working under pressure efficiently. A top candidate for a billing analyst is able to ensure smooth and accurate billing operations.
The responsibilities of the billing analyst
The billing analyst has some responsibilities that should be known for the candidates. Some billing analyst job description responsibilities are:
- Examine all billing procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Verifying with another department that orders have been fulfilled
- Prepare, issuing, and sending the invoice
- Work together with other departments to make sure the billing accuracy
- Address the customer complaints and questions
- Facilitate with customer account reconciliations
- Prepare and present the analytical reports
- Encourages monthly and quarterly audits and clean up
- Speaking with clients and other departments, resolving issues, and providing the clarifications
- Make sure the client’s billing account is set up correctly and according to their requirement
- Keep updated records of accounts receivable
The requirements of the billing analyst
To be a billing analyst, you need to prepare some requirements to fulfill. Some billing analyst job description requirements are:
- Degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Certified professional billing analyst designation
- Associate’s degree in math-related fields like accounting or finance
- Previous experience as a billing analyst or in a similar role
- Expert in Microsoft Office, data entry and accounting software program
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Capable to work independently and in a team
- Solid attention to detail
- Capable to prioritize
The billing analyst FAQ
How is the work environment of a billing analyst?
The billing analyst job description template shows that a billing analyst will spend mostly in a climate-controlled private office or shared office space. They also need to capable of enduring the long hours of looking at computer screens.
How much is a billing analyst’s salary?
Although the billing analyst job description does not mention about the salary, the average salaries for this job are from $35.000 to $50.000. The difference in the salary will depend on the experience and the years of the service.