Commercial Construction Schedule Template and How to Make It
Making a project plan with the schedule or timeline will involve creating a commercial construction schedule template. This is a kind of document showing the chronological sequence of the activities that will be done throughout the entire building process. In this article, we will discuss it further.
Uses of a Commercial Construction Schedule
Some examples of using a construction schedule template are such as:
- A timeline for activities in a particular event like a holiday trip or a wedding
- A timeline or schedule to monitor all family activities during a specified time period
- A renovation project for a homeowner
The Importance of a Commercial Construction Schedule
Having a commercial construction schedule is very important. You need to have it because of some reasons:
- It will give you an idea of the time the client will finish the project & whether it can be achieved. If you think that you will not be able to meet the deadline, you should propose or submit a different schedule to your client.
- Knowing your project schedule lets you estimate the initial costs namely the management & supervision and the running costs.
- You will be able to create early calculations that will let you see whether any adjustments required to be made. With the estimated budget & schedule, your client will have a better idea of the project & will likely approve your bid or proposal.
- You can also use a commercial construction schedule form to inform your client of responsibilities they should fulfill like if they need to give you information throughout the course of the project.
- It is also useful to predict the contractor’s cash flow.
- It can be a good way to open communication with your contractor.
How to Make a Commercial Construction Schedule
A PSD commercial construction schedule template can be made with different techniques:
- Using bar charts
The simplest way to make a schedule for a commercial construction is by using bar charts.
- The critical path method
This technique is not only more detailed but also more complexes. Here, you should list all the activities first. After that, come up with a whole network showing the relationship among all the activities. Then, you should create an assessment regarding the duration of each activity.
For the next step, you have to come up with a schedule. Next, you must establish the start & completion times of each activity. Lastly, you are required to make assessments regarding the resources needed for the project.
- Line of balance technique
This is a planning method for repetitive works. You just need to assign all the resources required for each activity, operation, & step.
- Q scheduling
This quantitative technique requires the quantities that should be executed in different locations will develop the elements of the schedule.
Tips in Making a Commercial Construction Schedule
In creating a schedule, you should understand the whole project first. Besides, ensure that you recognize the constraints coming with the project. Then, list the activities required to complete the project. Next, you can should make a sequence of the activities.
You must also decide what unit of time you will use, determine the duration of the activities, and know what is hoped on the completion date, determine the milestones, make a Gantt chart, and keep accountability in mind. Our commercial construction schedule template will help you a lot.