A janitorial supervisor can also be called a custodial supervisor. He/she supervises janitorial staff employed by an office, school, hotel, hospital, or any other establishment. In relation to the janitorial supervisor job description, he/she ensures that the janitorial staff’s cleaning operations are completed.
Janitorial Supervisor Job Description Template
We are hiring a janitorial supervisor now. In this role, he/she supervises the work activities done by our janitorial staff. A janitorial supervisor also schedules staff shifts, monitors staff attendance, reports absences, and conducts staff performance review. This will be discussed further here.
In this janitorial supervisor job description template, we will also discuss the requirements to be met to be a janitorial supervisor. An ideal candidate must have in-depth knowledge of different cleaning methods as well as excellent skills in communication. Effective skills in leadership are also required.
Janitorial Supervisor Job Responsibilities
As a janitorial supervisor, you will be tasked to make recommendations to management regarding dismissals, transfers, and promotions. There are still many other tasks and duties to be done. The detailed janitor supervisor job responsibilities are summarized in the following list:
- Assigns janitorial duties and tasks to staff and inspects their work regularly to ensure that their work meets the established standards
- Issues cleaning equipment & supplies to janitorial staff as required
- Takes inventory of all cleaning equipment & supplies and informs management when the supplies are depleted
- Helps with the screening & hiring of new job applicants
- Provides guidance and training to janitorial staff
- Resolves conflicts between janitorial staff efficiently
- Attends in-service training sessions and meetings as needed
- Performs all of the janitorial duties needed in instances of staff shortages
Janitorial Supervisor Job Requirements
It is not easy to be a janitorial supervisor. It requires you to meet some required qualifications related to educational degrees, experiences, knowledge, abilities, and skills. The list below contains the janitorial supervisor job requirements in detail:
- GED or high school diploma is preferred
- Proven working experience as a janitorial supervisor
- Proficient in all Ms. Office programs
- Working knowledge of different cleaning methods
- The ability to lift heavy-weight equipment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to stand for long periods of time
- Effective skills in communication
- Exceptional skills in customer service
Janitorial Supervisor Job Description FAQs
What does a janitorial supervisor do?
A janitorial supervisor or custodial supervisor supervises janitorial staff employed by an office, school, hotel, hospital, or any other establishment. He/she ensures that the janitorial staff’s cleaning operations are completed.
Can I edit the posted job description template here?
Yes, you can. This is a customizable janitorial supervisor job description template. So, just feel free to tailor it to your needs. You may require different qualifications and give different responsibilities.
Do you have interview questions for a janitorial supervisor?
This web does not only contain the janitorial supervisor job description but also some interview questions for the candidates of a janitorial supervisor. The interview questions can be found on another page.