For the optometric department, the optometric technician handles some essential jobs. It can be said this is a multifunction agent. Based on the optometric technician job description, the person in this position will perform some different tasks. For example, when they assist the optometric, they will handle the administrative duties. They also will face some lab tasks when it is needed.
Optometric Technician Job Description Templates
The optometric department will try to hire a dedicated optometric technician. Of course, it is quite reasonable since the agent on this position will help the eye examination, perform some clerical duties, and others. With a talented agent, all tasks can be handled maximally.
For the recruiter, they can use the job description template of the optometric technician to handle the recruitment process. The template can be a source of reference to write what the candidate needs to know about the details of their position.
On another hand, the template also will deliver another benefit for the recruiter. They will face the basic scheme of the job description. It means the recruiter doesn’t need to write the recruitment document from a blank paper but only need to adjust the information.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
Helping the optometric in doing some different tasks becomes the main responsibility of the optometric technician. However, the candidate that has been selected as the new optometric technician, they will face some other responsibilities, such as:
- Assisting the patients to face the eye examinations
- Taking the histories of the patient
- Assisting patients in the frame selection
- Educating the patients of the care
- Maintenance of lenses
- Explaining the testing process for the patient
- Preparing the patients to face the test
- Keeping the record and inventory
- Taking notes during the examinations
- Assisting with the creation of the glasses construction
- Performing minor maintenance and repairs the equipment for the examination
Optometric Technician Requirements
To be the selected optometric technician, a candidate needs to fill some asked requirements by the management. The requirements become the tool to value the competency of the candidate. It means only the candidate that completes the requirements will be recruited.
Well, some requirements to be fulfilled by the candidate of the optometric technician are:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- An associate degree of an optometric technician
- Certificate as an optometric technician
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Optometric Technician FAQ
What are the main duties of the optometric technician to do?
Helping the optometric with some different tasks becomes the main duty of the optometric technician. However, the optometric technician also needs to coordinate with the other staff, especially when they want to serve the patients to maximize its result.
Can I edit the job description template of the optometric technician on this page?
Yes, you can. All templates of the optometric technician job description on this page are editable. You can go to the download page to get the selected template. Get the template and then adjust the detailed information there.