The production coordinator usually works in the film or TV sets. They will enforce the production schedules, organize the catering, and oversee the production assistants. Besides, they are also responsible to make sure the quality assurance and the production team to meet schedule goals. Therefore, you need a production coordinator job description to get the best candidate to work with you.
The production coordinator job description template ideas
Looking for a production coordinator should be careful. You have to look for an organized production coordinator to supervise the clerical task on the set for a TV show or film. Besides, the production coordinator will make sure that the production will follow the planned schedule and budget and that the cast members are made aware of call times.
Furthermore, the production coordinator also will develop cost-effective measures to achieve outstanding business practices. The typical job progression of this role will adopt a managerial position or directorship.
To succeed in this job, you also need to capable to do multitask and work under pressure. A top candidate for a production coordinator is great communication skills and able to cast the member smoothly.
The production coordinator responsibilities
The production coordinator has some responsibilities that should be known for the candidate. The production coordinator job description responsibilities are:
- Inform the cast members about the call times and any schedule changes
- Keep the production budget
- Prepare the catering for shoots
- Make sure the quality assurance throughout the production process
- Make a plan, schedule, direct and execute the production activities
- Improve the motivation and work efficiency by implementing the rewards system
- Improve the cost-effective measurements to achieve exceptional business practices
- Adapt to changes in the market and respond to customer demand
- Demeanor the research to further understand the competitor
- Oversee the production assistant and give the daily tasks for them
The production coordinator requirements
If you are interested to be a production coordinator, you need to prepare some requirements to fulfill. Some production coordinator job description requirements are:
- A degree in film, marketing, communication or a related field
- Outstanding time management skills
- Capable to multitask
- Prior understanding in the film industry
- Outstanding communication skills
- Flexible working hour
- Understanding with administrative tasks
- Outstanding computer literacy skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Sharp business acumen and financial projection
The production coordinator FAQ
What does a production coordinator do?
The production coordinator will run the production office so that they have the main duties to work during pre-production. They will set up the production office, organizing the equipment, supply, and staff. Besides, they also will coordinate the travel, accommodation, and so forth. Those are usually written in the production coordinator job description idea.
Could I customize the production coordinator job description here?
Of course, you can customize the production coordinator job description here without any difficulties. The template is editable so that you can change any detailed information in this template suitable for your companies. You only need to download the template on this page by clicking the downloaded button here.