A rigger sets up and repairs rigging at a manufacturing plant, film set, construction site, logging yard, or shipyard. He/she aligns and anchors the machinery, attaches loads, controls the movement of heavy equipment, and ensures the rigging safety. Now, let’s discuss the rigger job description further.
Rigger Job Description Template
We are hiring a rigger now. In this role, a rigger prepares the materials before loading, sets up the rigging equipment, operates heavy equipment machinery, and dismantles the rigging after the job. He/she also communicates with our rigging team and ensures compliance with safety regulations.
In this rigger job description template, we will also talk about the required qualifications. To be a rigger, you must have knowledge of rigging equipment, good skills in communication, and exceptional special awareness. A rigger must also be meticulous with construction and aware of safety on the site.
Rigger Job Responsibilities
A rigger will be responsible for many tasks and duties. So, it is very important to know the rigger job responsibilities in detail. We will provide the detailed tasks and duties a rigger will have to do. They are summarized in the following list:
- Inspects and prepares loads that should be moved
- Sets; aligns; and levels heavy equipment machinery
- Chooses the proper rigging gear
- Prepares rigging equipment such as bolts, clamps, pulleys, beams, etc
- Inspects rigging before the final use
- Monitors and maintains rigging equipment
- Maneuvers loads by hand and with heavy equipment machinery
- Ensures compliance with company and state safety procedures
- Communicates with the construction and rigging team
- Breaks down rigging equipment and conducts post-rigging inspections
Rigger Job Requirements
It is not easy to be a rigger. It requires you to meet some qualifications related to educational degrees, knowledge, skills, and many more. So, you have to know this all in detail. The detailed rigger job requirements are summarized in the list provided below:
- GED or high school diploma
- Previous working experience as a rigger for more than 3 years
- Minimum level 1 NCCCO certification
- Familiar with the standards of OSHA safety
- Good knowledge of heavy machinery and rigging equipment
- Excellent vision and hearing
- Ability to work in noisy environments and at heights
- High mathematical skills
- Physical fitness
- Able to lift heavy-weight equipment
- Able to work outdoors in harsh weather condition
Rigger Job Description FAQs
What does a rigger do?
A rigger sets up and repairs rigging at a manufacturing plant, film set, construction site, logging yard, or shipyard. He/she also aligns and anchors the machinery, attaches loads, controls the movement of heavy equipment, and ensures the rigging safety.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. This rigger job description editable template can easily be customized. So, just adjust it to your company’s needs.
Do you have interview questions for a rigger?
This web contains various useful references including the rigger job description, question samples for a rigger, and many more.