Getting a divorce when it related to the children’s life is a tough decision to be made. The only way to decide child custody is through an agreement where both parents agree to which side the children should on. It also determines the visitation rights of the non-custodial parent which affect this agreement worth to be made to get justice. Read further explanation about a child custody agreement letter we have provided below.
What Is The Importance Of Child Custody?
A child custody agreement usually agreed upon by both parents which drafted by an attorney, then it will be approved in the courts when both sides are truly made up of their decision with full consideration. The agreement includes:
- Defining the roles of both parents with the schedule or visitation.
- Guaranteeing visitation rights based on the law for the non-custodial parent.
- Allowing both parents to enforce their right to parenting the children through appropriate law and justice.
- Requiring the custodial parent to remain within a specific distance based on the decision made by the court.
- How To Write A Child Custody Agreement Letter?
Any information required while making the agreement are:
- The identity of everyone involved in the agreement
- The children’s age mentioned in the letter
- Details regarding who will get the rights for custodial and non-custodial parents
Important notes, such as the child’s birthday and holiday should be included in the document to be a consideration to decide who will get full-time custody and detail about visitation options. It will be good if the letter reviewed by the proper lawyer and will be signed by both parents then submitted to a state or circuit court.
An Example Of Child Custody Agreement Letter
Here is the example letter you can implement on your daily life. Feel free to note any important points you may find in this agreement below.
Both parents will get their parenting rights and visitation with the children and will not restrict communication.
Weekends: The children will spend every weekend with their father.
Birthdays: Both parents will get fair access to children’s birthdays. Each parent will get the opportunity to have the children visit on the parents’ birthday.
Holidays: Parents will occur in rotation in Christmas and Spring Breaks. Thanksgiving and Easter will also be alternated. Summer vacation time will be divided equally between the two parents.
Mother’s and Father’s Day: Will be spent with the corresponding parent.
Other visitation: The mother agrees that the father’s visitation will be allowed within a specific reason and scheduled properly, and so both parents are happy with the decision.
Any disagreements in these terms will be moderated by mediation only. Terms of this agreement are subject to change as the children age development that makes them able to make decisions about their own free time. Both parents clearly agree with the decision and are respectful of these wishes and let the children take precedence within reason.
The details in this agreement have been approved legally by both parents and have submitted to the court for final approval.
Jonah Light, Mother Jeremy Light, Father
May this article can help to fulfill your satisfaction in understanding this letter. Please, don’t hesitate to edit the example of child custody agreement letter above based on your needs. Good luck!
- Parenting Plan Template
- Unique Voluntary Child Support Agreement Letter
- Medical Permission Letter For Child And Its Sample
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template
- Child Psychologist Job Description: It must be Approachable
- Child Care Plan Template
- Nursery Nurse Job Description Template Information
- School Appeal Letter and Sample
- Childrens Chore Chart Printable
- Tips And Trick About Composing Maternity Leave Letter To Parents
- Preschool Business Plan Templates
- Chore Printable
- Parent Permission Letter And The Sample
- Make A Simple Apology Letter To Court
- Chore Chart Printable
- 10+ Field Trip Permission Slip Template
- Printable Chores List
- The Most Polite Way to Write An Apology Letter to Teacher
- Preschool Assessment Forms Free Printable
- How To Make An Effective Loan Agreement Letter
- Printable Kid Chore Chart
- Family Chore Chart Printable
- 5+ Authorization Form Template
- Printable Reward Charts For Kids
- Newborn Baby Checklist Printable
- Printable Behavior Chart
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- Behavior Chart Printable
- Day Care Director Job Description with the Most Update
- Child Care Provider Recommendation Letter And Its Example
- An Easy Guide To Make A Character Reference Letter With Example
- List Printable
- Printable Homework Sheet
- Lawyer Job Description; How to Be A Professional Civil Attorney
- Free Printable Chore Chart Ideas
- Printable Chore Charts For Kids
- Free Printable Reward Chart
- Toddler Book Cover PSD Flyer Template
- Intervention Specialist Job Description for Special Children
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Chores List Printable
- 10+ Permission Slip Template Free Download PSD
- Printable Sticker Charts
- Editable Daycare Business Plan Template
- Free Printable Lined Writing Paper
- Printable Stencil Letters
- Printable Reward Charts
- Free Editable Printable Chore Charts
- Church Custodian Job Description: Learn the Responsibilities
- Printable Names
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents and The Sample
- Simple Ways to Write A Permission Letter
- Pre K Teacher Job Description Responsibilities
- Printable Sheets
- Free Printable Behavior Charts
- Free Printable Grade Sheet
- Printable Behavior Charts For Teachers
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Free Printable Sticker Chart