If you want to resign from a job but hope to maintain a good relationship with your employer, make sure you write an elegant and professional resignation letter. A polite resignation letter can impress employers and think that you have prepared the best before leaving. One of the best things you can do when you want to resign wisely is to write a graceful resignation letter.
What Should I Do Before Resigning A Job?
Before leaving work, there are several things that you need to notice so that the resignation process can run well. Some of them are as follows:
Choose the Best Time to Resign
Choose the most appropriate time to resign, as long as you plan to leave the job, don’t tell anyone about it. You do need to talk about it if necessary, but there is no need to announce that you are going to resign.
Write A Good Resignation Letter
If you are sure to resign, don’t forget to write a good and professional resignation letter. Your letter should be written in a friendly and respectful tone. Also, keep the letter short but clear. It’s better if you have a copy of your letter.
Tell Your Boss Politely
Convey your resignation to the boss politely and carefully. Be prepared to answer some questions about your reasons for resigning, of course, it must be the same as what is written in the letter.
How Do I Write A Graceful Resignation Letter?
Open your letter with a polite greeting, followed by the name of your employer. Choose the correct diction and grammar to make your letter look formal. To create a graceful resignation letter, you must include the exact day you wish to resign, as well as your reason to quit your job. In addition, contact information such as e-mail and telephone numbers should also be included in the letter. Note that you also need to say thank you for the opportunity that has been given to you.
Graceful Resignation Letter Sample
Writing a good resignation letter can keep you appreciated by the employer. If you are confused about how to start the letter, please pay attention to the example below:
Dear Ms. Deborah,
I am writing this letter to inform you that I will resign from my position as a sales manager at First Entertainment. The decision I take is due to my personal reasons. My last day of work will be on December 17, 2020, so I hope this can be my two weeks’ notice of resignation. I hope there is no inconvenience caused by my resignation. I will also do my best to support the transition process to go well.
I’m also available helping to train my replacement, please feel free to contact me at (444)-444-4444 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope to meet you in person to discuss more about this.
Thank you for the best opportunity from First Entertainment which has provided a great job for me, many valuable experiences I get from this company. I hope that you and First Entertainment will always be successful and keep growing.
All in all, you can use a graceful resignation letter format to make an elegant resignation before leaving your company.
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- Printable Resignation Letter
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Printable Resignation Letter From Church Position And The Example
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Unsolicited Application Letter And The Sample
- Sick Leave Letter And The Example
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example