When your employees have any discipline issues, you can reprimand them verbally as the first warning. However, if they keep making some unnecessary mistakes, you can send them last chance agreement letter. The actual meaning of sending this letter is to give your employee the last chance to improve their work performance before they are getting terminated. This is a good way for the employer to overcome the discipline issues done by the employees and make them getting back on the right track. In addition, this letter needs to be signed by both you and your employee, so it is more like a formal pledge. Here are some strategies you can apply to write the letter.
What is the importance of writing this letter?
If you are the employer, it is important for you to write this letter when you find your employees break the rules or show lower work performance. This letter is important as it contains three purposes: 1) to specify the employees’ mistakes, 2) to explain your expectations for continued employment, and 3) to announce the termination if the employees fail to reach your expectations. In addition, if the employees deny to sign the last chance agreement letter, they should be terminated immediately.
How long does a final chance agreement letter valid?
In writing this agreement letter, you also need to include an expiration date. This letter usually valid until a year or around 18 months. It also depends on the company’s policies. After the expiration date, this agreement has to be deleted from the employees’ personnel file.
How should I write the agreement letter?
As it is a business matter, you should write the last chance agreement letter formally. Thus, you need to follow an appropriate format letter and use formal language. Ensure you include the specific problems related to your employees work or their attitudes, so they will realize it. There are several issues you can address, such as personal problems which affect their work like alcohol or drugs, impolite behaviors, or low work performances. After that, you need to explain your expectations to your employees. Tell them what they can do to get back in the right path. It is also important for you to mention some probationary terms as form of an assertiveness. They can choose to sign the agreement or get terminated immediately.
Last Chance Agreement Letter Sample
Writing a final agreement letter maybe difficult for you as this is a serious warning. However, you can see the sample we provide to you below.
Agreement with Dino Saurs. To avoid termination, the terms of this agreement must be fulfilled.
The employee is being deliberated for dismissal due to the following reasons: drunk in the workplace which affects the work performance and tardiness to work. Several verbal warnings from HRD has not solved the problem which has been three months since December 13, 2020.
The employee agrees to change all of these behaviors.
The employee realizes that not fulfilling the previous point will end up with immediate termination
The employee will see a two weeks suspension, without salary, followed by a three months probationary time. During the probation time, the employee will text the manager about time he arrives at office and meeting with managers before and after lunch time.
The employee realizesthat during the probation time his behavior will be monitored more often by a manager. The manager will be responsible tooversee his work performances.
If there are no more mistakes found, the employee will return to normal work after the probation time over.
The employee realizes that by signing this final agreement means that he agrees to follow the conditions. If he fails to fulfill the terms in this agreement, he will be expelled from the job immediately without any benefits.
Bronto Saurs (Head of Human Research Department)
Dino Saurs (Junior Staff of Marketing Department)
March 23, 2020
That is all the brief explanation about composing a last chance resignation letter. This explanation may help you someday.
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- Wrongful Termination Letter With Example You Can Implement
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- Probation Officer Job Description: List of Duties They Must Do
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- 10+ Annual Employee Review Template
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- Supervisor Job Description: It differs from A Manager
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- 5+ Annual Performance Review Template
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- How To Make An Effective Loan Agreement Letter
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Notice Of Lease Termination Letter From Landlord To Tenant Implementation
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord And Sample
- erformance Management Plan Template
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord (Plus Example)
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Assistant Manager Job Description: Duties and Obligations You Can Know
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- Guide To Make A Child Custody Agreement Letter With Example
- Development Plan Template
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Rental Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- How To Write A Simple Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter?
- The Best Tips Of Making Benefit Termination Letter
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Kitchen Manager Job Description: Lead the Kitchen Activities
- How to Write An Interest in Job Letter and Its Template
- Performance Development Plan Template
- Performance Action Plan Templates
- 10+ Artist Performance Contract Template