As a pastor, you may not be able to stay forever in one church for some reason, like you have to serve a congregation in another place, or some other urgent reason. Whatever happens, you should do a good resignation from the church to make a positive impression on your fellow ministry leaders, board members, and congregation. The most elegant way you can do is by writing a pastor resignation letter.
What Should I Include in My Resignation Letter As A Pastor?
There are many elements that you must include in writing a letter of resignation as a pastor, such as a day you will officially quit the church, the reasons you quit, and plans while you are still at church or after you are not at church. You can also briefly introduce your replacement after you leave.
Besides, don’t forget to write your contact information, so everyone can keep in touch with you if they have something to ask. The resignation letter can be sent to the congregation, the church supervisor, or anyone you think needs to be informed.
How To Write A Good Pastor Resignation Letter?
In general, a resignation letter must consist of several aspects such as a header, introduction, body of the letter, and conclusion. You may be able to send the letter by e-mail or in person, but direct mailing is considered the most professional.
Make a simple header! In this part, you can write the contact details of the person you are going to inform. Then, write a short sentence about the purpose you are sending the letter, you can use an opening like “I am writing this letter to inform you ..”.
The body of your resignation letter should be brief but clear. State your reasons why you should resign from the church. Remember that you can convey this paragraph briefly.
Make your conclusion in a brief and positive tone. Let people who read your letter be impressed and felt valued. Some people may need to contact you, so don’t forget to include your contact.
Pastor Resignation Letter Example
After knowing a brief explanation of the resignation letter format, below is an example of a resignation letter as a pastor that you can take as a sample:
Dear Mr. Brown,
I am writing to inform you about my resignation as a pastor at Bless of God Ministries. I felt that I had to start doing service in Africa, I see many of our brothers are hungry and desperate. God has opened my heart to pay more attention to humanity and love to our brothers in Africa.
I have been gifted as a pastor and served the congregations at Bless of God Ministries. I always wish everyone in a good health. Regarding my resignation, I would be happy to recommend Stephen Dylan as my replacement. He is a person who is very full of love. If at any time you want to contact me, please feel free to contact me at (777) -7777-777.
Thank you for your availability to read and discuss my resignation letter. I am waiting for your reply.
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Kenneth Raphael
To Sum Up, you can send your pastor resignation letter to several people in the Church who you think need to be informed.
- Pastor Appreciation Letter to Congregation And Example
- Printable Resignation Letter From Church Position And The Example
- The Example Of Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Printable Resignation Letter
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Executive Pastor Job Description and 5 Interview Guides
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Still Interested in Job Letter And How To Write It
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- An Easy Guide To Make A Character Reference Letter With Example
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Youth Pastor Job Description: Check the Main Responsibilities
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Sick Leave Letter And The Example
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- 10+ Church Newsletter Customizable PSD Template
- How To Write A Simple Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter?
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Medicare Appeal Letter And The Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- School Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Sermon Outline Template for Reference and Guide
- Church Strategic Plan Template
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Some Important Elements To Write An Appreciation Letter from Patient to Doctor
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting