Every job always has certain consequences, especially if the job has to be dealing with many clients. As well as the relationship between doctors and patients, as a doctor, you may have dealt with several annoying patients, who are reluctant to pay bills, often miss appointments, even ignore your advice. If you feel you can’t handle them anymore, you can discontinue your relationship with them by writing a patient termination letter.
Can I Terminate My Patient?
You have a right to do a patient dismissal, especially if you think your patient has committed many violations. If your patient does any of the following violations, it means you need to take decisive steps to terminate him/her:
Always Show Emotion
There is nothing more terrible than a patient who gets angry every time he goes to your practice, especially if a patient dares to threaten or act harshly. In addition, patients who like to say harsh words must be terminated. They may become dangerous patients for your career.
Miss Appointments without Notification
If you often have patients who miss appointments and have trouble paying bills, it’s better to let them go. You have to think about other patients who also need your care, so your patients are willing to follow all the procedures properly. If your patients cannot follow the procedures well, you can terminate them by using a professional patient termination letter.
How to Write a Letter of Patient Termination?
If you decide to terminate your patient, you must officially inform the patient concerned. Your letter must include the exact date you no longer wish to undergo maintenance, preferably sent 30 days before the date of termination. Apart from that, your letter can also contain things like:
- Your availability to forward the medical records of the patient to the doctor or health service who will treat the patient.
- A detailedexplanation regarding the certain medical problems experienced by patients.
- Recommendations from doctors or health services along with their names and telephone numbers.
Patient Termination Letter Sample
You can notice examples below for writing an ideal termination letter. However, adjust the reasons for dismissal according to the violations committed by the patient.
Dear Mr. Ginger,
This letter is to inform you that I will no longer be your doctor. I made this decision based on some violations you have committed. I will explain my reasons in detail in this letter. For information, I will provide emergency care after I send this letter, to be exact for one month. Apart from that, I am also still providing medical care for two weeks following the date of this letter.
Based on our records, you have made several violations such as not showing up for 5 consecutive appointments, even refusing to pay a fine according to the agreement that you have agreed to. In addition to often missing appointments without notification, you also often say harsh words and don’t want to follow my advice. You must have known that our office has several important policies that you should not violate.
I have also attached a medical release form which you can use easily. In accordance with applicable policies, we will also send your medical records to your new doctor or health service. Therefore, we need a written request letter to make medical records. Thank you for your attention.
Medical Release Form
In short, it’s better to let your patients go if they have done many violations. Also, write your patient termination letter in a clear and concise paragraph.
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- How Is The Simplest Way To Write No Show Appointment Letter?
- ER Doctor Job Description: Learn the Valuable Position
- Medical Assistant Job Description reveals new Secret
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Doctor Job Description: Be an Excellent Doctor
- Care Plan Template
- Some Important Elements To Write An Appreciation Letter from Patient to Doctor
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Patient Care Plan Template
- Physician Retirement Letter And The Sample
- Family Doctor Job Description: The Main Duties that Must Follow
- Patient Care Technician Job Description to work sincerely
- Medicare Appeal Letter And The Example
- Pediatric Nurse Job Description: Taking Care of Children Well
- How To Win A Dental Insurance Appeal Letter?
- Medical Biller Job Description 2020 with more Detailed Information
- Health Unit Coordinator Job Description for Healthcare Fields
- Care Manager Job Description as a Healthcare Provider
- Healthcare Administrator Job Description Necessary Info
- Missed Appointment Letter and Sample
- Nurse Practitioner Job Description: Serving the Best Treatment
- Behavior Technician Job Description Informative Template
- Medical Leave Letter from Doctor and Sample
- Medical Receptionist Job Description: Being Professional One
- Medical Leave Letter From Doctor And Its Example
- Home Health Nurse Job Description: Giving Care to the Patients
- Registered Nurse Job Description: Get Further Information
- Health and Safety Plan Template
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- LPN Job Description, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Hospital Sitter Job Description Major Template
- Health Information Technology Job Description 2020 with 7 Duties
- Internist Job Description handles and prevents Internal Illnesses
- Healthcare Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Medical Coder Job Description: Meet your Candidate Quickly
- Trauma Nurse Job Description and how to make it impressive to apply
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Dialysis Technician Job Description Template Info
- Director of Nursing Job Description; Ensuring Nursing Personal to Perform Best Patient Care
- Health Care Plan Templates
- Certified Medication Aide Job Description Useful Info
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Medical Records Clerk Job Description guides to hire easily
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Doctor’s Office Letterhead Free Template in PSD
- EMT Job Description for Responding Patients Aid
- ICU Nurse Job Description for working with Empathy
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Dental Hygienist Job Description with detailed Duties to upgrade
- Chief Medical Officer Job Description: Manage the Clinical Processes
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use