The production planner has an essential part of the company. They are also known as the production schedulers that will improve the daily or weekly production plan to make sure that production deadlines are met. They also have responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. Therefore, you have to create a production planner job description to hire the proper candidate to work.
The production planner job description ideas template
You have to hire a detailed-oriented and experienced production planner to create, modify, and manage the production schedules. Besides, they also will have responsibilities like monitoring the inventory levels, regularly providing the production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to the customers.
Besides, the production planner also will facilitate the timely delivery of products to the customers. In other words, they should capable to monitor closely the production process to make sure that the production orders are completed on time in the budget.
To succeed in the production planner, you need to be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and capable to manage the production deadlines. Besides, a top candidate for a production planner is outstanding time management, organizational, and professional
The production planner responsibilities
A production planner has some responsibilities that should be known for the candidate. Some production planner job description responsibilities are:
- Evaluate the purchase orders to make suitable production schedules
- Guess the sum of materials, equipment, and labor required for the production
- Address and resolve the production issues promptly to minimize the delays in production
- Work together with the production operation under the material, labor, and equipment availability
- Recommend the viable solutions to reduce the production costs as well as improve the production process and product quality
- Assess the supplier or quality, timeliness, and match according to the goals
- Supervise and resolve the problems suitable with the inventory
- Predict market challenges suitable with the competitor analysis and industry trends
- Manage the deadlines suitable on the product expectation
The production planner requirements
Besides, you also need to fulfill some requirements if you want to be a production planner. Some production planner job description requirements are:
- Technical certification like an APICS certification preferred
- Understanding the production planner in the industry
- Great knowledge of industry market trends condition
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid regard for product quality and safety standard
The production planner FAQs
What does a production planner do?
The main duties of a production planner are responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. They also have specific duties on the materials and goods required in the production phase and making sure the working spaces. You can read it on the production planner job description template.
Can I edit the production planner job description template here?
Of course, you can. The production planner job description is easy to edit. You can download the template on our page and edit suitable with your need. You only need to press the downloaded button on this page to get the template.