Certain reasons may encourage you to resign as a teacher. Whatever the reason, you need to write a polite resignation letter. By following some important points and the right strategy for resigning, you will make a positive impression on several parties in the school. If you are sure to resign, it is better to start drafting your teacher resignation letter to principal in an appropriate format.
How To Resign From Teaching?
There are several things you need to consider before officially resigning from a job. Make sure you follow these important steps exactly:
Have Another Job
Do you have another new job? If you don’t have a new job yet, it would be better to start updating your resume by adding your work experience. After that, start to apply for work in several agencies based on your desire.
Talk carefully to the Principal
Before resigning as a teacher, you must discuss with the principal your plans to resign. You can state the reasons as well as the day you will quit working. This will help your principal to find a replacement before you officially leave school.
Write a Resignation Letter
After conveying your intention to resign, the next thing you need to do is writing a resignation letter in a good and structured format. Make sure you include all the elements of the letter properly and concisely. Don’t forget to apologize for the inconvenience of your resignation.
How To Write A Good Teacher Resignation Letter?
One of the rules in writing a good resignation letter is to greet the principal politely. You may also recommend a person who can be a replacement after you officially resign from the school.
Some important aspects that you need to include in your resignation letter are the date of the letter, the date you resigned, and the reason for your resigning.
Teacher Resignation Letter Example
After knowing some relevant aspects that you need to include in your letter, it is time for you to write your resignation letter. The following is an example that you can use as inspiration:
Dear Ms. Johanson,
I am writing to inform you that I am resigning as a teacher at XYZ High School. I have told you before that my family and I are going to move to Toronto, so it is impossible for me to continue working at XYZ High School. I officially resign from teaching on December 15, 2020, so this becomes my two weeks official notice.
I will be happy to share some information about my class with my replacement. Besides, I will also be very happy if you are willing to provide a letter of recommendation for me. I can’t wait to discuss this matter with you, so feel free to contact me at (666)-6666-666 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for the valuable opportunity you have given me so far. I feel very happy to be joining you for four years at XYZ High School, I have had lots of wonderful experiences. Thank you for guiding me patiently all this time. I hope you will always be blessed.
Concisely, you must resign politely and elegantly. Also, note that your teacher resignation letter to the principal must be short and not verbose.
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Power Attorney Resignation Letter And Tips To Know
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Guides To Write A Physician Resignation Letter to Patients
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Excellent Pastor Resignation Letter Example
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter With Regret And Its Example
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Trustee Resignation Letter And Other Tips You Need To Know
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Template
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- How to Compose A Nurse Resignation Letter and The Template
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- Printable Resignation Letter From Church Position And The Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Printable Resignation Letter
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- Teacher Retirement Letter And Its Example
- Non Profit Board Resignation Letter and Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents and The Sample
- A Useful Guidance To Write A Resignation Letter To Clients
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Useful And Editable Teacher Recommendation Letter
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Example
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- A Short Notice Resignation Letter: Why And How To Make It
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- School Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Schedule Conflict And Its Sample
- Elementary Teacher Recommendation Letter And The Example
- Prepare Your Teacher Resignation Letter To Parents (Plus Example!)
- Elementary School Teacher Job Description and Its Requirements
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Prepare Your Resignation Letter From Fulltime To PRN (And The Example)
- Simple Retirement Letter to Clients Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- Preschool Teacher Recommendation Letter And The Sample
- Effective Today Resignation Letter With Sample
- Customizable Teacher Assistant Recommendation Letter
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- The Most Polite Way to Write An Apology Letter to Teacher