Covid-19 Pandemic has brought a global economic slowdown. Business tends to decline in many factors. The business health situation makes the companies to terminate their employees. If you are the HR, you do not have a choice except to write a termination letter due to lack of work to your employees. Through the termination letter, you can explain the situation which requires you to layoff them.
What should I prepare before terminating employees?
Before terminating people, you need to prepare some important things. First, you need to review their personnel files. It will help you to see their work records. You can also consider whether an employee really worth to let go or not. After that, you should list some office properties that your employees have to return. You need to identify all of the properties they possess during work such as car key, electronics, and access cards. The last, you have to prepare final paycheck based on their positions.
What are things that you should not write on termination letter?
Firing people due to lack of work might feel hard for you. Perhaps you find difficulties to deliver the termination message and really want to express your true feelings. Although letting go people is difficult, getting fired is more difficult to face by your employees. Sometimes, running a business makes you to set your feelings aside and think rationally. However, you still have to treat your employees humanely. Here are some sentences you should not write on atermination letter due to lack of work.
It is really hard for me–it’s way harder for theemployees.
I have no idea to say this–you have to look sure with your decision.
Compared to your coworkers, your performance went down–comparing an employee with her/his coworkers will hurt them more.
I understand you will not be happy, but this is the better decision–you should not judge your employees’ feelings and whether the decision is good or not.
Let me know if I can help you–if you offer a help, sure they are going to ask you seek for a new job for them.
How does a termination letter due to lack of work look like?
A termination lettercontains a notification for an employee that he/she will be fired off. It should explain the reasons why the employees will lose their jobs, especially when the termination is caused by economic conditions. You need to write the termination letter due to lack of work specifically. Thus, you should also include the date of termination, your appreciation of their works, years of work, and a positive message. Don’t forget to explain their compensation and benefits based on the initial contract and list of office properties that they have to return.
Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work Sample
Perhaps you have no clue on how to write a termination letter due to lack of work because you also do not want it happens. Thus, you can look at the following sample& we provide for you.
I am very sorry to inform you that start from November 11, 2020, your employment with Mango Corps as Marketing Manager willbe terminated. I understand that you are aware that the Covid-19 Pandemic have brought a global economic slowdown, and this economic situation affects our company. Although we have decreased costs in some sectors, we still find difficulties to encounter the business. As a consequence, I am forced to reduce our staff.
During the next 4 months, the company is going to downsize our employees from 98 people to 40 people. I know you are a very skillful and talented person but we have decided to retain the longest working employees to appreciate their loyalty. Therefore, I am sure that you are going to get another job in another place soon.
To help you facing this situation, we will guarantee you with 3 weeks of discontinuance wage since your employment with Mango Corps has been a year. You are going to receive this wage after you have signed the release of claims documents and returned the office properties.
I also enclose a letter of recommendation that will complete your resume to your future employers. Grace, I am personally glad to work with you. Hopefully, we will remain in contact in the future. Please let me know if you have some questions related to this termination.
Human Resource Manager of Mango Corps
That is all about the summary of termination letter due to lack of work. We wish it will help you.
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Voluntary Termination Letter Example And Some Tips You Might Need
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- How to Write Last Chance Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Unemployment Appeal Letter And Tips To Write It
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- Tips To Make An Apology Letter to Coworker
- Wrongful Termination Letter With Example You Can Implement
- How to Write A Fee Agreement Letter and Its Template
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss And Its Example
- Writing a Medical Termination Letter in a Professional Way
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee And The Sample
- Notice Of Lease Termination Letter From Landlord To Tenant Implementation
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reasons And The Example
- Important Things To Know When Writing A Retirement Letter to Boss
- Constructive Discharge Resignation Letter – Things To Know
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- VA Appeal Letter, Tips And Its Sample
- Development Plan Template
- Business Plan Template
- Apology Letter to Boss for Misconduct and Its Sample
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- How to Write An Interest in Job Letter and Its Template
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- Writing an Apology Letter for Being Late
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Work Hostile Environment And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due To Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances And The Example
- Tenant Lease Termination Letter And Sample
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- Convenient Tips to Write An Apology Letter for Being Late
- The Best Tips Of Making Benefit Termination Letter
- 10+ Annual Employee Review Template
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- Letter of Appreciation for Job Well Done And Its Example
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and Its Template
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents and The Sample
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample