If an employee decides to terminate the working contract in a company, he or she must submit a resignation letter. Then, if the company accepts the leaving of the employee, a voluntary termination letter will be given to acknowledge the termination issued by the employee. Although the decision is mostly on the employee, they still need to follow the rules of company by giving the resignation letter two-weeks before or more, depends of the policy of the company. By doing this, it helps the company to process the resignation and to have the stable transition within the company.
Is a Voluntary Termination a Bad Choice?
When it comes to voluntary termination, the decision is purely on the employee. In this matter, the company has little or no choice. The reasons for the voluntary termination are also various such as leaving for another job with better prospect and future career, continuing education, or simply moving to another area to meet the family’s decision. There is no way of bad choice for voluntary termination as the employee is expected to know his/her situation better before taking the decision to terminate the contract. After handing out thevoluntary termination letter, usually there are a number of procedures to be followed by the employee, such as holding an exit interview with the Human Resource Manager of the company.
What is InsidetheVoluntary Termination Letter
Basically, the letter submitted by the employee is similar to a resignation letter. Then, the voluntary termination letter is address by the company to the employee who wants to terminate the contract. Usually, it includes the information of the termination date and the last effective days of the employee, along with the final payment check. There are some conditions where companies want the employee to return the company’s property back. One of the most common example for this vehicle given to the employee during the working contract.
Sample of Voluntary Termination Letter
If you are thinking of terminating your contract early and still have no idea how to write the termination letter, check the sample letter below.
Dear Mrs. Roger,
This letter is to address your resignation letter that we received on November 12th, 2020. We are sorry that you have to come to the decision to leave the company as you have shown great length of work ethics during your career with us. As it is informed in your letter, you will resign effectively on December 1st, 2020. Thus, we accept the decision and the contract of your employement will be terminated on December 1st, 2020.
In your letter, you include the reason of your leaving to continue your education in the university in another country. We are proud to know the reason as you are eager to improve your skills that are needed for your future job. We definitely support your decision and wish you the best as you have so much potential to be better. Along with this, I enclose the information of the exit interview that would be held in the last week of your work. You can contact the assistant to confirm about the schedule of the exit interview at (999) 132-645-888 or via email at email@example.com.
Lastly, we ask you to return the company property on the last effective day and you will receive the last payment check for this month on December 1st, 2020. You may receive other company benefits that would be sent to your address by the end of the month.
Mr. Jack Downson
Now, we hope you know how to write a voluntary termination letter. Good luck for your future career.
- Voluntary Resignation Letter from Employer And Its Sample
- How to Write Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter
- An Ultimate Guide About Termination Letter to Employer
- What To Write In A Response to Resignation Letter?
- Why Should I Write A Forced Resignation Letter?
- Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance And Its Example
- Independent Contractor Termination Letter And The Sample
- Termination Letter to Employer and Sample
- Termination Letter For Cause And Its Sample
- Termination Letter Due To Lack Of Work And Example You Can Implement
- Acceptance of Resignation Letter and Its Template
- Free Printable Resignation Letter
- At Will Termination Letter And Sample
- Job Abandonment Termination Letter And Example
- Termination Letter without Cause And The Example
- Example Of Printable Termination Letter For Insubordination You Can Use
- Business Contract Termination Letter And Other Things You Must Know
- All About Termination Letter For Insubordination And The Sample
- No Call No Show Termination Letter And Sample
- How To Write A Good Heartfelt Resignation Letter?
- Should I Write A Resignation Letter due to Illness Before Leaving Job?
- Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work and Its Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Printable Employee Termination Form
- Commercial Lease Termination Letter To Landlord And Sample
- Daycare Termination Letter And The Example
- Resignation Letter From Fulltime to Part-Time And Its Sample
- How To Write An Internship Resignation Letter Properly?
- Knowing More about Union Resignation Letter and its Sample
- A Good Resignation Letter With Regret Along With Its Example
- Resignation Letter for A Job You Just Started And The Example
- Writing a Restaurant Resignation Letter and Sample
- Graceful Resignation Letter And The Sample
- Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance And Its Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And Example
- Rescind Resignation Letter And Its Example You Can Implement
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons And The Sample
- What Should I Do Before Writing A Two Weeks Notice Resignation Letter?
- Notice Of Lease Termination Letter From Landlord To Tenant Implementation
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation And The Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Health: Why and How to Make
- Termination Letter for Theft And Sample
- How To Write A Decline Interview Letter
- Retail Resignation Letter And Strategies How To Quit From Your Job
- The Example of A Resignation Letter for a Job You Just Started
- Editable Resignation Letter Due To Health And Its Example
- How To Write A Resignation Letter for Transfer Within the Same Company
- The Best Tips Of Making Benefit Termination Letter
- Appreciative Resignation Letter And Its Sample
- Printable Resignation Letter
- Retirement Letter to Coworkers Example And Tips You Must Know
- RN Resignation Letter And Some Tips That You Need To Know Before Quitting
- Good Sample Of Voluntary Resignation Letter From Employer
- Resignation Letter to Whom it May Concern And Its Example
- Resignation Letter Due To Stress And The Sample
- A Guide of Writing a Resignation Letter to Clients
- How to Write An Ideal Patient Termination Letter?
- How to Write An Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Attorney Client Termination Letter And The Sample
- Simple Example Of Going Back to School Resignation Letter