For the credit provider, a credit analyst is an important position that will influence the running of the business. Through the credit analyst job description, a person in this position will analyze kinds of financial data and decides whether a creditor can extend the credit or not. They also will determine the risk profile in their analysis. A credit analyst is also known as a credit risk analyst.
Credit Analyst Job Description Template
To establish the credit business, a talented and experienced credit analyst will be needed by the company. Their performance will influence the running of the business and the profit level. On another hand, the best credit analyst also will interest the customers in filling their needs.
For the recruiter, using a template of the credit analyst’s job description will be helpful. The template can be the base information. Through a template, they do not need to make a document for recruiting a new credit analyst from a blank paper but just personalize it.
Then, for the candidate, to be a successful credit analyst or minimal being selected in the recruitment process, they need to be familiar with every matter of accounting. They also should have good negotiation skills to handle the arguments of the customers.
Credit Analyst Responsibilities
Making some analyses of credit becomes the main responsibility of a credit analyst. However, in running their jobs, a person in this position will face some other responsibilities to be handled, such as:
- Practicing due diligence
- Managing the financial forecasting
- Understanding about economic, business, and the risks of industries
- Handling multiple projects
- Submitting the report on time
- Consulting and negotiating the clients about the terms of the payments, the financial transactions, the credit limits, and others
- Making informed decisions
- Reviewing the credit applications
- Performing the credit checks
Credit Analyst Requirements
To be a successful credit analyst and be selected in the recruitment process, the candidate should fill some needed requirements. The requirements also become the consideration by the recruiter to make sure that the selected credit analyst has high competency.
Some requirements to be filled by a candidate of credit analyst in the recruiting process are:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or related fields
- Further certification will be a plus point
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good management skills, especially time management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to make priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related programs
- Advance Excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Credit Analyst FAQ
What are the main duties of a credit analyst?
Analyzing several matters about the credit becomes the main duty of a credit analyst. However, a person in this position also should be ready to manage the financial condition, especially to face the risks of forecasts.
Can I edit the job description of a credit analyst here?
Of course, you can. The credit analyst job description on this page is editable. These are also many templates and samples of the job description that you can download. Click the download button to get the files and then personalize the information.